Mystery ground wire

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Take a look at the photo - I found a ground wire that is not connected to anything - does anyone have any clues as where this puppy should be bolted to?

It's located under the air box and battery tray and it's bolted to driver side wheel well on one end.
20200102_222724131_iOS.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say it's probably the ground for some old unused equipment if its bonded to frame but not connected to anything, in which case you could just remove it.

Take a look at the photo - I found a ground wire that is not connected to anything - does anyone have any clues as where this puppy should be bolted to?

It's located under the air box and battery tray and it's bolted to driver side wheel well on one end.View attachment 176941
It connects to the transmission bolt on your left, mine broke off there too .... Wasn't getting proper voltage to charge .
Only 13.3 volts when 14.3 is necessary

Been a while - you're right. I did install a new frame to transmission ground wire at that time. Truck has been long gone now. On my third Interceptor right now.

Been a while - you're right. I did install a new frame to transmission ground wire at that time. Truck has been long gone now. On my third Interceptor right now.
New member 🙈
Didn't see the date

Back