• Register Today It's free!

Mystery Port

elmbball

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, Explorer, XLT
When looking for the port to install my brake control harness, I came across another port on the left hand side of the driver's side. It was behind where the 3 button panel is (liftgate, tow, park assist). I do not have the park assist on my 2016 explorer xlt. Pic of the grey port below and a pic for ref of where I found it.

_nc_ohc=0vPxkQLSX_8AX9uAP8A&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg
X8XvtVO&tn=Xg8J1rDmHpFBwjCn&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

When looking for the port to install my brake control harness, I came across another port on the left hand side of the driver's side. It was behind where the 3 button panel is (liftgate, tow, park assist). I do not have the park assist on my 2016 explorer xlt. Pic of the grey port below and a pic for ref of where I found it.
Welcome to the Forum
I'm guessing that it isn't the brake controller plug since it is usually near the steering column? I wonder if that might be the plug that would be used if you also had Park Assist along with the other 2 buttons. :dunno:

Peter

I was thinking the same thing. But not finding the harness to add to the car. And I think you need more sensors for park assist.

Back