Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
Gentlemen, start your engines:D

The Naches Pass opens July 15th and there's several of us that want to run it and many of the other trails in the Manastash area.

Trail list, descriptions and maps can be found here; http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

There are over 20 trails listed and something for every rig.

I plan on a long weekend of camping and wheeling-sight seeing. I'll probably head out on a Thursday and come home Sunday.

Ante up guys! What do you say to July 16-19????

Participating;
Albino 94LTD
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Naches Pass opens July 15th and there's several of us that want to run it and many of the other trails in the Manastash area.

Trail list, descriptions and maps can be found here; http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

I plan on a long weekend of camping and wheeling-sight seeing. I'll probably head out on a Thursday and come home Sunday.

Participating;
Albino 94LTD
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Add me and my crew

Participating;
Albino 94LTD
jrgayler
ricky8587
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

I'll put in for that week off too...

So add Speed and Trixi to the mix....(Ryan & Kim)

Participating;
Albino 94LTD
jrgayler
ricky8587
Spdrcer34

Ryan

Looks like I am in that weekend as well. I am not sure if I'll be able to take Thursday and Friday off, but I can deffinately be there late Friday night for Saturday and Sunday.

My work schedule changed again and I now have tue-wed off. And I need to save my "Sick Days" for my week long California snowboarding trip this winter...

Unless there are some drastic changes at work, I won't be able to make it.

I will be in and out of town for the end of June unfortunately. Still want to get out with you guys sometime though for sure. Anytime between mid July and late September count me in (work permitting). Have fun on that opening weekend though.

I will be in and out of town for the end of June unfortunately. Still want to get out with you guys sometime though for sure. Anytime between mid July and late September count me in (work permitting). Have fun on that opening weekend though.

OK, July 16-20 is pretty much the middle of July so, I guess we'll see you there.

As we get a better handle on who/how many will be participating, I will make recommendations on the camping locations and possible reservations (probably ought to do that pretty darn soon!!)

Oh shoot I guess I meant end of July, I have to travel down to Oregon Friday monrning on the 17th and come back Sunday night. So after that, absolutely. That just gives me a bit more time to make sure she is running tip top I suppose. Got a few kinks that have me unsettled at the moment.

I'm 100% in for the 16th-18th.

I have requested, and it has been approved for the time off....

Ryan

Sounds fun... But I'll be on my honeymoon.
A bunch of us will be up there 4th of July.

Just talked to Painter Ken and he is most likely in as well with a possible heep joining. I'll update when he knows more. I am going to try and get Friday off and make a late night Thursday arrival.

I also talked to Phil and it is deffinately a primitive camping situation, so pack accordingly. I am sure that between the amount of stuff I've seen out camping with everyone in past runs that we should be able to survive for months providing we have enough gas :D

Define primitive camping situation, please

No power or water. We shouldn't have a problem accomidating our tow vehicles/RV's. Phil is looking into a scouting run very soon.

No power or water. We shouldn't have a problem accomidating our tow vehicles/RV's. Phil is looking into a scouting run very soon.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if I can get over there this weekend and get GPS coordinates and a couple pictures of a wide spot in the road big enough for the RV's, Trailers and tents to be relatively close to each other.

It's our 11th anniversary and how many times have you seen my wife driving back roads??:rolleyes:

According to the web, the Kaner Flats Group site is already reserved for that weekend so we'll be up the Little Naches valley a ways. It only gets us closer to the trail heads;)

Congratulations Katie!

We'll be sleeping in the Explorer again...this time we'll bring a foam pad...LOL

Ryan

Painter Ken is in. Just walked him through ordering his chromoly front axles last night over the phone.

Tell him to nurse the Engine, Nurse the Power Steering, go easy on the new Axles......and avoid the big puddles!...

We will be too far from my house this time for me to go get a part!

LOL

Is there any 'extras' that I should bring for you guys?

Ryan

Jeese...july 19th is the ONE Sunday I can remember ever having to work...go figure. That and we are trying to find a house to buy...til' thats done, I'm not going on any trips. Need to find a home for the Ex-250.

Have fun. It's a blast out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would you guys mind if some friends of mine and I taged along? We were already planing a trip to the rocks that weekend and I would like the chance to meet up with you guys while were over there.

"Diff Whack Daddy" I think you went wheeling with us a while ago down in Tenino when Ken first got his explorer going and you rode along with him? I had the brown bronco 2 back then. I built bumpers for Ken's explorer after that trip.

Back