Nankang Mudstar MT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nankang Mudstar MT

Just bought a set of 33's and have a few impressions. They are very very quiet on the highway. They balanced very easily, and look very nice. As far as treadwear i havent had them for more than a few hundred miles. Anyone heard anything positive or negative about these tires??? They are very cheap too at about 120$ a tire for 33's.

They look alot like the maxxis buckshot mudders...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

post some pics so we can admire...

....post a review in the review section! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Once i put some miles on them ill post up a review. Im having a hard time finding the sidewall rating. No info on the web and none on the tire. Anyone know if these are 3 ply sidewall???

found a pic of them. Looks very aggressive.

n-889.jpg

I like those. What did you pay for them? If I may ask.

I have been looking at these, locally for $80 each installed.
http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/...odType=LtTruck&id=183&title=Light+Truck+Tires

i got them with some 15x8 eagle wheels for 250$. They are very new and were only ran for like 500 miles before i got them. got them from a local member of another board.

I priced them here locally and they were only about 120 a tire for 33's.

I can't speak for the compound that they use on the off-road tires, but I had some NS2s on a car and they wore extremely fast. The major pro is that they're cheap. I bought a set of wheels for the car from WheelsNext.com and got all 4 tires almost free with the deal they were running.

i run 30 psi on my trxus mts...that seems to do pretty good...i was running 15 psi for a while cause i aired down and never bothered filling back up...super sketchy around town...i think you will be happy with 35 or so....

35psi

Back