Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8

Well after parting ways with my 2005 Ford Explorer, I picked up a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT. I know who the last owner was, and they took great care of it. It has a few scratches and dents, but otherwise it's in great shape! It has the 5.0L V8 with AWD. It has a 3.55 open differential, and 107,900 miles.

Since my last Explorer got named the "Golden Bandit" this one will be named... The "Harvest Bandit" as the color is Harvest Gold.

Enough chat, more pics:
1-4.jpg

5-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not believe that emblem is available like that. I don't but I can get em.

And today, I traded her in today for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

528217_407204506025909_2120636146_n_zpsb5207da2.jpg

Need some specs on the jeep before I can bash you for getting rid of the 5.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You've finally fallen into the Heep abyss mate, teetered on the edge for ages :D

Please tell me she's running a hemi V8, please :D

:eek::(

I sure hope proud auto union workers on hemp and mad dog didnt build that one.....

While i gave out some good ribbing on FB last night, I must say the 4.0 WJ was an extremely reliable beast when taken care of. I have seen a fair number of them make it to 300k and still run and drive well. The 4.7 version not so much lol. As far as creature comforts and technology Chrysler has been ahead of the curve as far as american manufacturers for a VERY long time. Good luck with this venture Nate

My 5.0 had electrical problems like none other. It wouldn't run in the rain or snow. The egr solenoid would ground out and no one could figure out where it was grounding besides within the ecu. Wiring looked good, connecters looked good, solenoid was replaced multiple times.

I'll post the window sticker so everyone can see all the details on the Jeep. Its a 4.0L btw. I was going to buy a Wrangler but my son couldn't fit in it. I don't know why I never want to drive my 98....

My 5.0 had electrical problems like none other. It wouldn't run in the rain or snow. The egr solenoid would ground out and no one could figure out where it was grounding besides within the ecu. Wiring looked good, connecters looked good, solenoid was replaced multiple times.

I'll post the window sticker so everyone can see all the details on the Jeep. Its a 4.0L btw. I was going to buy a Wrangler but my son couldn't fit in it. I don't know why I never want to drive my 98....

Good luck with that piece of horse **** mated to the transfer case and engine. Also, that 4.0 will need a head job at some point.

Jeeps are fun, but much like a boat it's just a hole you pour money into.

Just Empty Every Pocket; Lord knows I did on my gf's ZJ.

Good luck with that piece of horse **** mated to the transfer case and engine. Also, that 4.0 will need a head job at some point.

Jeeps are fun, but much like a boat it's just a hole you pour money into.

Just Empty Every Pocket; Lord knows I did on my gf's ZJ.

You want to know whats sad... My 5.0 had the valvetrain rebuilt a 7600 miles. :D

Well, as long as it's a 4.0 WJ. The 4.7s are horrible to work on. Of course everyone who works on them are experts at it, so it isn't that bad for them... of course, that is because they are CONSTANTLY fixing them, so they can't help but become experts.

Too bad about your 5.0 problems, but at least you've still got a couple RBVs.

I was just razzin ya Nate, good luck with the Jeep. Sometimes you get a problematic vehicle no matter the maker.

Nate/Dirtster, any way you guys can measure those badges?? Looking to replace my second 2nd genration badge.

9-1/2" x 1-3/4" at the middle. (9-7/16" at the top and bottom edges)

I always get the ****ty vehicles it seems... No matter what...
Anyway here's more pics of my Jeep:
wj3_zpsc1c7d9e6.jpg

wj2_zpsfcf6e63d.jpg

wj1_zpsa1e2c7e9.jpg

Guess I could make a registry here.

Thanks Joe!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Jeep Nate. I dig modified vehicles, no matter the maker (usually). Envious part is the aftermarket availibility for Jeeps over Explorers.

Nate, I hope all goes well with your new project!! :biggthump

Back