Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good keep up good work

Thanks. Its a great explorer so far. I'd say I prefer my 98, just 'cause the differential doesn't whine and have problems like this X has.

Nate, I like the direction you are going with the Ex. Looks really clean.

What kinds of problems are you having with the truck? I also had a 98 (Sport) and replaced it with an 05 (Eddie Bauer). I miss the 98, it was fun, but always had to fix something. My 05 has been 2 years problem free. And I mean totally problem free. I love my 3rd Gen and have not looked back.

Nate, I like the direction you are going with the Ex. Looks really clean.

What kinds of problems are you having with the truck? I also had a 98 (Sport) and replaced it with an 05 (Eddie Bauer). I miss the 98, it was fun, but always had to fix something. My 05 has been 2 years problem free. And I mean totally problem free. I love my 3rd Gen and have not looked back.

--Well for me its just a bunch of little things and a few major things. First, the anti-theft system is dead. The differential is whining like a baby. Lumbar broke :D (my fault). Its just those things. Besides that its a wonderful explorer.
--Yeah tell me about fixing the 98's. On mine: From a new head gasket to a rebuilt transmission to a basically new front-end suspension. And the one thing irritating me the most about my 98...a popping noise coming out of the front end. :mad: No one knows where its coming from, but its done it for years now.

Here's my intake in the works: its got a gap up where it joins the airbox, so I'm working on an adapter. I got the airbox mod done on it, just need the high flow K&N drop-in filter.
Finished product in first post

Nice looking X, but more importantly, I envy your scenery. I would gladly give you Tuesday (Raleigh City) for a mountain today.

Alright...next mod done! Cold Air intake attached to airbox with airbox mod :D
Moved pictures up to the top :thumbsup:

Hey fellas,
I decided to re-open my registry. I'll be sure to keep it updated. I've update the first post with all the mods I've done.

F*** Mate, I don't know how I missed this (too drunk probably:D). Excellent registry, she's come along way in a short time. Top shelf Nate, top shelf.:thumbsup:

I just barely re-opened this. I accidently closed it (distracted on something else), but figured out I can re-open it. :D

Cool brother.

Nate, how the hell did you slip this bugger by me mate?

That was a little something to keep lynchy smiling. :D

Seriously, I just now found this. Looking good. Keep up the nice work. :thumbsup:

It was 5 months exact since someone last posted. I can see why so many didn't see this thread

Thanks for all the feedback.

We're all drunk!!!:chug:

I just installed my HIDs (hi/lo beams) and fogs arriving soon hopefully :)
Better pictures coming tonight. Hard to tell in these pics. And the passenger side bulb I think its just the angle making it dimmer.
lights2.jpg

lights.jpg

And yes, a new layer of powder on the ground :D

Great photo's Nate, looks like the top of the world.

HID.jpg

This is a crappy picture, but the only way you can see the actual blueish white color is from my camera phone. My Camera shows it as being white. So here's how the new lights look on my Ex. 5000K

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet Mate!!:thumbsup:

Back