Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

phone clip will do!!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

http://www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com/index.html
The link above goes to a website where I will be ordering my new servo pistons from. O-rings are put into the piston to create a seal. Better than a new transmission and we will see if that and a new solenoid pack (if needed) will solve my problems...for now. :D

Along with maybe a safari rack and some new running boards I will order these.

I will get that exhaust clip uploaded soon.

Here's the exhaust video I have been promising to upload. The camera doesn't do it too much justice. If you have a subwoofer or can adjust the bass it sounds more like it.
Without tip"
With tip:

Cool cool amigo, glad you dig it! Nice cheap mod too:D:thumbsup:

The vid with the tip sounds ricey. The first rev on the new vid is up to 2k and the 2nd rev is up to 3k rpm. I still am not overly impressed with the sound, but I can live with it for a while now :D

Latest update
duals.jpg

Great teaser mate....We need detail's!!!!!!!

Larger diameter exhaust pipe from the OEM Y-pipe then over the axle to a Y-pipe. I didnt want the under the axle set-up.

I don't blame you for not wanting the under axle jobby. Cant wait for a sound clip mate!!! She look's 100%:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I got basically a slap in the face from my ford dealer. :(
Got the truck appraised....
$7000 :(

Dealer's need a sign up saying "Dear customer...Bend over, this won't hurt abit"

Exactly. The only good thing about the whole appraisal is they didn't beleive me when I said it was a V6. They told me it sounded like an 8, performed like an 8 and was I being serious about it being a 6. They even went and looked up the VIN on their records, because they didnt beleive me. At least I know I've done something good. :D

EDIT: CLASS III TRAILER HITCH TOMORROW! :D :D :D :D :D

Awesome mate!!!

Not going to be updating my registry or posting any pics at least until late June or mid July rolls around. The explorer has got a lot of changes coming its way and you all will be able to see come this summer, or winter for you lynchy! :D

Teaser shots, maybe. ;)

No worries mate!!! Looking forward to all the goodies you have planned, should be sweet and I can't wait!!!

^^^ x2!!!

So I decided to get a set of new decals.
Moabready.jpg

I'd love to get to moab one day Nate! Looking good!

Could redoing my explorer lead it to become something else....? ;)

Who knows! :D

Back