Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

1.5" spacer lift. I'm doing it in part because I'm going to get a really good deal on some 12 ply all terrains. They're usually $800 but the guy will give em to me for $620.00
EDIT: They're 31" tires.

That seems slightly excessive for 31's, what brand mate?

are you sure 1.5" spacer lift is enough for 31" tires?

with me I had some rubbing with the fender (above the tires directly) when flexing, so I added more lift (combination of spacer lift and strut lift)

xplorerguru (I think that is his username) was running a 1.5" spacer lift with 31's and had no problem.

So I know a 30" tire is much larger than stock but would a 265/70 look good with a 1.5" lift? Just trying to consider all of my possibilities

I was thinking of a 1.25" in the back to try to level out the truck. I like how the 1.5 all around looks but I dont really want that factory rake anymore.

Thats another reason for the smaller spacers. I plan on getting those btf upper arms some day after I temporarly fix my transmission.

the lift and 31s will look nice nate. any plans to get aftermarket rims too?

As for rims...
I'm thinking of this Ultra Maverick in 16X8 5 lug
17x8-black-wheel-ultra-maverick-5x5_140559024405.jpg

or this American Outlaw Buckshot 16X8 5 lug
BuckshotBMF-5.jpg

But rims can wait for now.

Just a couple of shots from this afternoon:
J-16.jpg

J-17.jpg

J-18.jpg

J-19.jpg

EDIT: In the first picture the mountain peak furthest to the left is the peak I will be driving with the Ex later this summer. :) She'll have her new 31" shoes on by then. I will have some cool snow pictures when I drive up to Monte Cristo Peak this coming week.

Here's an update:
I just ordered a set of skid plates from my Ford Dealer.

Yeah. One of these (obviously not the fuel tank skid) the parts guy and I couldn't figure out where it goes to.

Fuel Tank Skid Plate
Description: Plate
Quantity: 1
Part Number: 1L2Z-9A147-AD
List Price: 330.47
Description: Bracket
Part Number: 1L2Z-9A235-AA
List Price: 34.98
Description: Screw and Lock
Quantity: 4
Part Number: -W706894-S310
List Price: 0.77 ea
Description: Bolt
Part Number: -W706496-S301
List Price: 2.50 ea

Dont worry about this other one, as it seems these came stock.
Other Skid Plate (the one I dont know where it goes)
Description: Skid Plate
Part Number: 3L2Z-5D032-AA
List Price: 31.55
Description: Screw
Part Number: -W707079-S424
List Price: $3.41

The list price is way different from what I payed. But I'm a regular at the dealership, so they seem to give me a discount. I only ended up with a total price of$342.82 for my Fuel Tank Skid and hardware.

Did some more today. I mounted my hi lift jack.
hilift.jpg

Back