Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wicked pic's mate, looking cherry ripe out in the slop.:thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

:p: Cherry ripe for sure mate!! :p:

Nate, does the '98 ever get any trail time or TLC? :dunno:

Thanks for the comments. I've found the 05 is much more fun to do work on, so it gets most the attention. the OHV doesn't deliver the nice torque like the SOHC. The 98 hasn't been off road in 8 years. :rolleyes:

Just yanking your chain mate! :)

I figured I'd post a couple of other pictures...
33.jpg

444.jpg

1111.jpg

And why not post a mug shot of me leaning on my Ex. My N.E. Patriots shirt is awesome :D
me.jpg

Go the patriots, I know nothing about NFL (except for the lingerie league):D Some more great photo's too mate.:thumbsup:

Go the patriots, I know nothing about NFL (except for the lingerie league):D Some more great photo's too mate.:thumbsup:

patriots_giants_wide.jpg

From the most embarrassing super bowl ever :rolleyes:. An undefeated season, but loss at the super bowl :mad:
Time to move on from 08...
I found the reason why i uploaded those are because of the blue lights showing up on the one shot. I know a lot of people seem to get freaked out by the blue lights for some wierd reason :bsnicker:

You give 'em a flash and do it on purpose ay? But nah they look sweet mate.

Truck looks good Nate :thumbsup:

What do you think Fitzy would say about your Ex?

...since you brought up Super Bowl 42 :D

Lynchy- this is how all of us are over here...

PS- Nate, don't even try. I haven't watched a Lions game in 6 years. :p:

Truck looks good Nate :thumbsup:

What do you think Fitzy would say about your Ex?

...since you brought up Super Bowl 42 :D

Lynchy- this is how all of us are over here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEAP8OeT718

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNIl2uCPwWs&NR=1

PS- Nate, don't even try. I haven't watched a Lions game in 6 years. :p:

Thanks Joe! Maybe I wouldn't want to know what Fitzy would say about my Ex... haha :D First time I've seen those videos. Quite entertaining.

And yeah...the detroit lions :rolleyes:

I reckon Fitzy would dig your truck Nate, there'd be alot of empty tinnies rolling around in the back tho' if you took him for a drive. He's a funny focker.

He's got a lot of videos on his YT channel. Funny chit. :D

The football maybe different but the fans are the same.

Hey Nate! How's it going mate? How much research did you put into a V8 swap? Did you look into a 4.6 crate motor, junk yard special's and computer's and wiring? I'll have me rig paid off this year and am just wondering how far you went and whether you had any links to the subject on the forum? Cheers:chug:

Nope, never did go past pricing. My rear main seal just went out, so the V8 option is out for sure now. I'm sick of spending money... :rolleyes:

Ex is looking good, Nate. I like what you did with the lights. That sucks that your rear seal blew out. Its a never ending cycle of spending and fixing, I need ball joints again, after one year...

Spewing about the seal mate, hope it comes out on the cheap side of thing's for you.

Spewing about the seal mate, hope it comes out on the cheap side of thing's for you.

I've read it could be from the oil filter housing, but I have yet to look at that. From my quick look with a flash light I cant see anything obvious, but there is some dampness. I had the ford dealer do an oil change a week ago, and its started since then. Tomorrow I will update on this. I know there is a TSB about the oil filter housing leaking.

I know of 4 people that had issues with the oil filter housing, Nate...

I'm pretty sure its the filter housing. My lower control arm is covered in oil (sits below the filter and housing [especially after long runs its very oily]) and the housing is covered in oil. I let my Ex sit overnight and it dries up.

Back