• Register Today It's free!

Nav Antenna

bill32399

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Explorer PIU
Can anyone tell me where the stock navigation antenna is mounted?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe I read somewhere that it's mounted above the instrument cluster. If you're upgrading it will work just fine above the radio!

cool thx for the info, both places are easy to get to.

Depends on the year. I know for '08 it's part of the Sirius antenna that's roof mounted.

interesting that you say its part of the Sirrus antenna cuz some say otherwise. I will have to taker a closer look at what I am getting then.

interesting that you say its part of the Sirrus antenna cuz some say otherwise. I will have to taker a closer look at what I am getting then.

It depends on the year. I know for '08 it is. Now keep in mind if you do NOT have nav, your Sirius antenna does not have the GPS antenna in it. I just did a nav upgrade and had to replace my roof antenna as it incorporates the GPS antenna with the Sirius.

Sounds like 08 is when they made the switch to the intagrated one then. Guess I better go back to the just yard and see if I can dig one up.

Sounds like 08 is when they made the switch to the intagrated one then. Guess I better go back to the just yard and see if I can dig one up.
It's not much from Ford. Mine was roughly $100 Canadian from the dealer; although my friend works there so I got a discount.

Well with our economy it probablly $200 us now.

On my '06, they are separate antennas . . the Nav antenna is in the space above the radio, the Sat antenna I put under the plastic cowl by the wipers.

Sounds like 06 and 07 are in the dash and 08 and above have the dual antenna.

Back