Nav SD Card for MFT ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nav SD Card for MFT ?

n5tz2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
All:

Sorry if this has been ask before, I could not find it searching the forum. I have a new 2013 Explorer with MFT and the Nav system, my last Explorer was my '96. I installed the SD card for the nav system and my question is does that card have to be left in the card reader full time ? I thought you could use the SD slot for music pics etc.

Dennis

I was under the same impression Dennis. unfortunately, it appears as though the Nav system uses that slot for the map database.

I tried removing the card a couple of times under different circumstances, but no luck. It actually locked up my entire system one time. Thought I'd never get it up and running again.

Maybe the bright side is the updates will be available more often....we hope. :eek:

All:

Sorry if this has been ask before, I could not find it searching the forum. I have a new 2013 Explorer with MFT and the Nav system, my last Explorer was my '96. I installed the SD card for the nav system and my question is does that card have to be left in the card reader full time ? I thought you could use the SD slot for music pics etc.

Dennis
Welcome aboard :wavey:.
As briteboy has explained, the card has to be left plugged in for the Nav system to work.
Dennis, it would also be helpful for future reference if you listed which model you have in your left hand profile. Not all models have the same options etc.
Use the USB ports for the other things.
Good luck and happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

All:

Dennis

I was under the same impression Dennis. unfortunately, it appears as though the Nav system uses that slot for the map database.

I tried removing the card a couple of times under different circumstances, but no luck. It actually locked up my entire system one time. Thought I'd never get it up and running again.

Maybe the bright side is the updates will be available more often....we hope. :eek:

Hi, Dennis and briteboy!

You're able to use the SD card slot for loading Wallpaper pics and music, but you'll receive a navigation error. If you won't be using your NAV, just clear the message by pressing SERVICES or SD NAV. Like Peter said (Thanks, Peter!), the USB ports are better for music if you have NAV.

Rebecca

Back