• Register Today It's free!

Nav SD card

wingman1800

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer 4WD LTD
Callsign
wingman
I have a 2016 explorer and have been have problems with nav system "insert card" etc. They replaced the control module, worked for a while, but same thing happened again and they said their computer now says I need a new SD card and this is not covered under my bumper to bumper coverage or my Ford extended warranty. Is this correct and do I have to pay the $100. deductible?
thanks
tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Tom.:wave:
I checked the Ford ESP brochure and didn't see any mention of the card. I'm guessing that it is not an item that is covered. You can go to this site and download the ESP brochure and check it out. ESP Product Landing Page If you still have the factory warranty then you can also check your Warranty Guide.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Tom.:wave:
I checked the Ford ESP brochure and didn't see any mention of the card. I'm guessing that it is not an item that is covered. You can go to this site and download the ESP brochure and check it out. ESP Product Landing Page If you still have the factory warranty then you can also check your Warranty Guide.

Peter

You can eBay a new card for much less than the dealer.

Did I read your post right? You are currently covered under the 3/36 bumper to bumper but yet they are denying coverage for a bad SD card?

yes, They say the SD card is not included in the bumper to bumper coverage.......... And do not want to buy on Ebay, because they say if this does not cure the problem, they will refund the $100.00.

yes, They say the SD card is not included in the bumper to bumper coverage.......... And do not want to buy on Ebay, because they say if this does not cure the problem, they will refund the $100.00.
In other words, you take your chances that the SD card IS in fact the problem. Have you asked them if it is possible to use an SD from another Explorer on their lot to see if the issue goes away? I also find it strange that if you get a new card from them and it is not the solution that they will then refund the $100 deductible on the warranty for an item that isn't covered by the warranty.:dunno:
Am I missing something?

Peter

Have them produce the warranty info that says the card isn't covered. I find that hard to believe.

Have them produce the warranty info that says the card isn't covered. I find that hard to believe.
Perhaps it is considered as being a 'consumable' item. :dunno:

Peter

It sounds more like the dealer is clueless as to the problem and just throwing possible solutions at it...Ford won't cover activity like that.

Back