Nav stopped working after MFT update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nav stopped working after MFT update

Postal07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Olney,Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer
Hi just got a 2012 Explorer love it went to sync my ride and got new software update after getting the okay from my dealer to install it myself I did so. Followed on screen directions all seemed to go well. After install no navigation it doesn't show up on screen can anyone tell me what happened to cause this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi just got a 2012 Explorer love it went to sync my ride and got new software update after getting the okay from my dealer to install it myself I did so. Followed on screen directions all seemed to go well. After install no navigation it doesn't show up on screen can anyone tell me what happened to cause this.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Have you tried removing and re-inserting the S/D card to see if you get any response to that? You can try the 'Reset' method using the MFT and if that doesn't work you could try removing the negative battery cable for 10 minutes or so and then reconnect it to see if that might fix the issue.
Also, please add the 'trim' level (Base, XLT, etc) to your profile so it always shows in the margin. That could at times be helpful.

Peter

Which version(it should say on the card) of the Nav Card do you have? I believe it needs to be A4 or above.

What exactly do you mean by no navigation shows up? Is it the maps dont load, it says to insert SD card. Does it still say Navigation in the upper right or does it say information?

The more details you give the better help we can provide.

It is the A6 card i
I have the xlt model
It says information in the upper right hand corner

It is the A6 card i
I have the xlt model
It says information in the upper right hand corner

PM me the VIN and I can see if it came stock with NAV.

The only way NAV would be eliminated with a user update is if the update failed to install properly. Did you remove the USB only after getting a small "installation complete" window which would have showed up after several reboots.

[MENTION=303980]Postal07[/MENTION]...I got the PM with the VIN.

The vehicle was not sold with Navigation and the last recorded update was done on 3/31/16 by someone using PTS (ie dealer tools) which if it did have NAV would wipe it.

so how do I get it back it had Nav when I bought it

It had the A3 card in it

It had the A3 card in it
I believe the A3 card was the first one I had in my 2011. It was replaced about 3 years ago by A4 which had to be used with the 3.5.1 MFT upgrade.

Peter

It had the A3 card in it

Hi Postal07,

You can send me the VIN as well. If jmr061 is correct, the feature was added aftermarket by someone and more than likely removed when the dealer installed the update. Once I have the VIN, I can provide more info.

Shaay

Just for reference my 2013 Fusion Nav system stopped working. It actually was giving a warning about being outdated.

Newest Nav card for the Fusion is the A7 version. I think these are the same system.

Just for reference my 2013 Fusion Nav system stopped working. It actually was giving a warning about being outdated.

Newest Nav card for the Fusion is the A7 version. I think these are the same system.
That sounds strange. If that is the case, I don't know why the Navigation would stop working. I'd think that you just wouldn't have the latest updated map but the system should continue to work. My card is A4 and the latest is A7 and the system continues to work fine. There was only one MFT version update that required the installation of a new S/D card (A3 to A4 I think) and it was supplied free.

Peter

The dealer thinks when it was an excecutive car they had a program where they could have it put on which they no longer do Nav was not original equpment but was put on they sold it as having nav that is why I bought it.

The vin is 1FMHK7D93CGA00208
The dealer thinks when it was an excecutive car they had a program where they could have it put on which they no longer do Nav was not original equpment but was put on they sold it as having nav that is why I bought it.
As jmr061 mentioned it did not have OEM Navigation. Just ran the VIN on Ford ETIS and saw this remark; "less navigation system".

https://www.etis.ford.com/

Peter

Curious if they got it re-installed yet?

Yes works great thanks

I just updated MFT from 3.6.x to 3.8 and my navigation no longer works. It now says "Information" in the upper right hand corner instead of "Navigation". The nav card is an A7. The card is detected, the license is shown correctly, but the app doesn't appear to be installed. I tried doing a master reset, but to no avail. Is it worth it to pull the fuse or the battery terminals? Any other suggestions?

I just updated MFT from 3.6.x to 3.8 and my navigation no longer works. It now says "Information" in the upper right hand corner instead of "Navigation". The nav card is an A7. The card is detected, the license is shown correctly, but the app doesn't appear to be installed. I tried doing a master reset, but to no avail. Is it worth it to pull the fuse or the battery terminals? Any other suggestions?
Try contacting the FordIVTteam using the following link. Perhaps they can help if no one else has a solution.
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?conversations/add&to=FordIVTteam

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did it come factory equipped with NAV?

Back