Nav Suddenly Say, "Insert SD Card" (fixed) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nav Suddenly Say, "Insert SD Card" (fixed)

Eltee

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In a high desert city not far from ghost towns ...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
4WD
Back in Feb. 2017 I used the OBD Genie method to add Navigation to my 2013 XLT. Has worked beautifully since then. Using an A7 Nav SD.

This morning I get a notice on my screen by the compass, "Insert SD Card" and despite my removing and reinserting the SD card the message persists. I sent a message to OBD Genie and am awaiting a reply.

Has this happened to others? If it was simply a matter of getting a new A8 or whatever card I'd just do it but I don't want to take a chance that it's something else.

THANKS for any info.

First step is probably a master reset on Sync. Replacing the media hub would probably be step two.

FIXED.

I called OBDGenie dot com, the company that sold me the kit to add Nav to my non-OEM nav XLT. They suggested, among other things, that I insert the SD card into a computer to see if it can be read. It could. I put it back in my car, still "Insert NAV SD card" showing on the screen. I then went into settings and looked at the Navigation options. I played with a couple settings and suddenly my NAV was restored. I drove around and it was as if nothing ever happened.

So, happy for now.

Back