Nav-Tv MyFord Touch VIM module

13Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Has anyone tried this for enabling video in motion?

http://www.navtv.com/MyTouch/myfordtouch.html

I'm mainly interested in enabling aux input for navigation from external devices. I'm also interested in enabling touch controls that are disabled during motion.

I have found a few threads where the module is mentioned, but I can't find any where someone has actually tried it. I know it's ridiculously priced, but I can't believe that NO ONE has tried it yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone tried this for enabling video in motion?

http://www.navtv.com/MyTouch/myfordtouch.html

I'm mainly interested in enabling aux input for navigation from external devices. I'm also interested in enabling touch controls that are disabled during motion.

I have found a few threads where the module is mentioned, but I can't find any where someone has actually tried it. I know it's ridiculously priced, but I can't believe that NO ONE has tried it yet.

I haven't read or heard of anyone trying that. The cost is pretty expensive for what it does. There is no need to enter destinations on the navigation when you are driving when there are voice commands that enable you to do that. Installing this could possibly void warranty as well.

I haven't read or heard of anyone trying that. The cost is pretty expensive for what it does. There is no need to enter destinations on the navigation when you are driving when there are voice commands that enable you to do that. Installing this could possibly void warranty as well.

However if you have no navigation, then there is a need for the aux input to be able to use a third party navigation with the MFT screen. There's also a need for enabling things like bluetooth PAN, or various other features while the vehicle is in motion.

I also don't agree with passengers not being able to enter destinations while driving. Voice commands for POI related entries are more distracting than hand entering the information. The screens also aren't consistent, I can enter a phone number into the phone screen using the number pad, but I can't search for a POI by phone number, that's blocked out :)

As far as warranty voiding, they would have to prove that the modification is what caused the warranty concern, I'm comfortable with a bypass in that respect. I however can't understand the price point this company is it, but it is the only thing on the market so that's unfortunate.

However if you have no navigation, then there is a need for the aux input to be able to use a third party navigation with the MFT screen. There's also a need for enabling things like bluetooth PAN, or various other features while the vehicle is in motion.

I also don't agree with passengers not being able to enter destinations while driving. Voice commands for POI related entries are more distracting than hand entering the information. The screens also aren't consistent, I can enter a phone number into the phone screen using the number pad, but I can't search for a POI by phone number, that's blocked out :)

As far as warranty voiding, they would have to prove that the modification is what caused the warranty concern, I'm comfortable with a bypass in that respect. I however can't understand the price point this company is it, but it is the only thing on the market so that's unfortunate.

Is that possible to hook up a GPS unit like a Garmin Nuvi to an external monitor and see the GPS screen?

I agree with you. I understand the purpose of not making features available while driving, but passengers in a vehicle should be able to use the GPS to search for POI's. I'm sure it comes down to a liability issue.

Is that possible to hook up a GPS unit like a Garmin Nuvi to an external monitor and see the GPS screen?

I agree with you. I understand the purpose of not making features available while driving, but passengers in a vehicle should be able to use the GPS to search for POI's. I'm sure it comes down to a liability issue.

There are a few different aftermarket in-car navigation systems that utilize RCA inputs, as well as a ton of iPhone apps that will display out using the composite adapter.

I think sometimes the manufacturers overstep their bounds when it comes to assuming liability for in-vehicle entertainment, but that's a whole other topic :) I was just hoping that someone had tried the unit above and could report some sort of feedback (negative or positive)

There is this one, and I think one other similar, that were discussed a while back.

The big drawback of course is that they want you to cut the wiring harness and solder in the new wires. That will present a lot of problems if there is a warranty claim later. A better way would be to have a new male and female connector with their device wired in. For $425, that wouldn't be asking too much.

Ya I agree for $425 it should be plug and play not cut and splice.

Plus it's only giving you features we already have with Voice Command.

Not worth the warranty risk IMHO

What about this? Has anyone tried this? It is plug n play but i'd be curious to hear of othezr people's experience with this product or the company in general. Plus, it looks to be cheaper than the NAVTV.

http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouch.htm

well that's new... they didn't have that available 2 weeks ago, finally a reasonable price point. I'll probably be jumping on it when my car comes.

What about this? Has anyone tried this? It is plug n play but i'd be curious to hear of othezr people's experience with this product or the company in general. Plus, it looks to be cheaper than the NAVTV.

http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouch.htm

Wow, it also has additional video inputs for front camera, and automatic switching to front camera if you are going less than 7mph (for parking) ... I'm so on this.. Thank you for posting the update!

I bought the Coastal Tech Lockpick for my 2007 Yukon Denali.

The module arrived broken, and dealing with Coastal Tech was a nightmare. Never answered email or phone calls. Just Google their customer service and you will see all the complaints.

Eventually I got the Lockpick replaced and it worked.

Perhaps its better now, so I hope you have better success with them.

I bought the Coastal Tech Lockpick for my 2007 Yukon Denali.

The module arrived broken, and dealing with Coastal Tech was a nightmare. Never answered email or phone calls. Just Google their customer service and you will see all the complaints.

Eventually I got the Lockpick replaced and it worked.

Perhaps its better now, so I hope you have better success with them.

I THINK they have come a long way since 2007, but I can't tell you for sure. I do know that 2 of my friends have used their products and have had no issues. Given the responses I got from NAV-TV about their product, I would hedge my money on coastal e tech over them any day.

The price point is more realistic, and it has added features (extra camera's and ability to do auto front camera for parking). Nav-TV's solution is cut and splice, and no extra features, and 100+$ more.

Back