Navigate to "Contact Name, "Company Name" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navigate to "Contact Name, "Company Name"

Motoarzan

Reaction score
City, State
Cambridge, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport 2014
Hi all
Just got my Explorer Sport a week ago and for the life of me and all the searching, can not find a specific shortcut for navigation.

Basically, I am an outside sales person with 1000+ contacts. I can't remember each and every contact name, address ect...ect...

Right now when I want to Navigate to a customer/contact I have to manually open my phone, go into my contacts, pull up the contact info and then read off my phone and manually enter the street address, city ect into the navigation, or even by voice command I still have to read the address off my phone and verbally enter it.

I want to set my navigation destination by telling the system my contacts "name" or the "company name".

i.e. Destination.."John Doe" or Destination.."ABC Company".
Is there such a command that would send your sync'd Phonebook contact "address" directly to the Navigation.

Or, how about if I want to bring up a contact from my phone book. I don't want to "call" the contact...I just want to bring the info up on the screen...scrolling through hundreds of contacts would take forever)
i.e. Phone book.." John Doe"...and up comes there contact page? hey, and maybe even from that contact page there could be a "set destination" button that would fire it right to the Navigation unit.

What is the short cut to accomplish this?
Am I missing something? or is this function simply not available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all
Just got my Explorer Sport a week ago and for the life of me and all the searching, can not find a specific shortcut for navigation.

Basically, I am an outside sales person with 1000+ contacts. I can't remember each and every contact name, address ect...ect...

Right now when I want to Navigate to a customer/contact I have to manually open my phone, go into my contacts, pull up the contact info and then read off my phone and manually enter the street address, city ect into the navigation, or even by voice command I still have to read the address off my phone and verbally enter it.

I want to set my navigation destination by telling the system my contacts "name" or the "company name".

i.e. Destination.."John Doe" or Destination.."ABC Company".
Is there such a command that would send your sync'd Phonebook contact "address" directly to the Navigation.

Or, how about if I want to bring up a contact from my phone book. I don't want to "call" the contact...I just want to bring the info up on the screen...scrolling through hundreds of contacts would take forever)
i.e. Phone book.." John Doe"...and up comes there contact page? hey, and maybe even from that contact page there could be a "set destination" button that would fire it right to the Navigation unit.

What is the short cut to accomplish this?
Am I missing something? or is this function simply not available.
I believe a similar question came up about transferring addresses from your phone to the MFT contact list. If I recall correctly, I believe Rebecca said that it can not be done. I've tried to find that post but no luck so far.

Peter

Hey guys,

This is phone-dependent and we don't actively test for it. From my experience, some Android phones allow the addresses to transfer to navigation, but Apple phones do not. To see if your phone will, you'll have to pull up a contact on the MFT screen and press OPTIONS. Here are a couple threads on it:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343553&highlight=address+in+phonebook

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319401&highlight=address+in+phonebook

Rebecca

If this function isn't available then that would be ridiculous. At $800 CDN for a navigation system you think this function would be a no brainer.

I find it hard to believe that this joint Ford/Microsoft Sync system they boast about really only imports just the names and phone# fields of a contact...pretty basic if you ask me.

well be happy at least your Nav works, mine hasn't worked since day 1 and I cant get dealer to refund or remove it :(

SD card must be for Qatar or South Africa

If this function isn't available then that would be ridiculous. At $800 CDN for a navigation system you think this function would be a no brainer.

I find it hard to believe that this joint Ford/Microsoft Sync system they boast about really only imports just the names and phone# fields of a contact...pretty basic if you ask me.

I just quickly searched Google for information. I used the string, "iphone transfer contact addresses book to nav'

Results -
http://lsd.luminis.eu/en/how-to-import-contacts-from-iphone-to-a-build-in-navigation-in-your-car/ - for a Toyota
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1429534?start=60&tstart=0 - interesting thread for Mercedes

My point, difficult for auto makers to keep up with all of the various phones and their software. Also, some phone vendors support specific features and others may consider enhancing their product in some future version.

The real problem, the auto vendors and phone manufacturers need to agree upon a set of standards and supported functionality we the end users want to use.

I know, probably not the answer you wanted to hear.

Back