• Register Today It's free!

Navigation - SD Card Fault

Holligl

Reaction score
City, State
Hoffman Estates, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Platinum
I have had the card fault a few times but it normally comes around in a few minutes. Today it happened in the middle of Washington, DC and I could not get it to restart. I tried powering off, removed the SD card, and both combined. Finally left the vehicle for a couple hours and then it came back. What is the best way to restart the Nav with an SD Card Fault?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had the card fault a few times but it normally comes around in a few minutes. Today it happened in the middle of Washington, DC and I could not get it to restart. I tried powering off, removed the SD card, and both combined. Finally left the vehicle for a couple hours and then it came back. What is the best way to restart the Nav with an SD Card Fault?

I've always been able to get it the error to correct itself by ejecting the sd card and then re-inserting it.

It sometimes takes a couple of tries though...

Mine is doing it 2-3 times a day now. So frustrating.

Mine is doing it 2-3 times a day now. So frustrating.

Try pulling fuse 29 located above and to the left of the parking brake. Its behind a black cover that easily pops off. The fuse puller tool is located on the inside of the black cover. Once you get the fuse out wait a few minutes and put it back in. This resets the My Ford Touch computer.

If that doesn't fix your issue, you're going to need to take it to the dealer. This is not normal. mine has done that maybe 2-3 times in the 5 months I have had the car. My guess is that if the fuse pull doesn't fix the issue, you likely have a bad USB port, or a bad APIM (the computer).

Also send a private message to Rebecca @ FORDIVTTEAM - she's a Ford rep who helps users with IVT (in vehicle technology) problems. See her sticky at the top of the page.

Could be something is bumping against the SD card? It need a cover and my phone was hitting against it when I would get the error.

I had this a few times for a couple of days straight (also in Washington DC - maybe it's Government-related :D ) and then a restart; it's been fine since.

Its back at the dealer today, we'll see what they say

My entire media hub had to be replaced as none of the drives could read the SD card.

Happened to me the night i picked up my Ex. They tried a second card and it still didnt work. I left it with them and i think they re-installed 2.11.

Happened again upon startup a day after i finally picked it up and it hasnt happened since. Hopefully it never happens again.

This happens to me about 1 to 2x per month. The first time it made me really late to an important meeting. Now, I go back to what I did before I had nav (I print directions from Google when I go anywhere I don't already know how to get to). It makes me really glad I paid the extra $$ for nav. Now if only my dad would give my Garmin back (I thought I didn't need it anymore).

Even a little bump to the SD card in that storage area will jar the coinnection of the card. I just pull it out completely and then reinsert it.This usually fixes my priblem.

Finding that myself, it does notbtake much to bump the card, I was keeping my fob in this area, with my phone, but was bumping the SD card be accident. Just reinserting the card fixed my issues, and not using the area for my phone.

makes me wonder why Ford didnt include a small cover/tab to protect the SD card.

Isnt dealer not taking care of this issue?

I have the same problem and did not see it until V2.11 was installed. Had V2.8 prior to 2.11 and never had this issue. I also have to remove SD card and re-install card which will sometime cause a black screen. When the black screen appears the system will reboot and all is well until the next time. Because of my experience with this issue, I believe that the software (V2.11) is the issue and not a hardware problem. I have left my Sirius subscription expire (including the Travel link) and want to see if that is related to this problem.

Would be interesting to see how many X owners started having this problem when V2.11 was installed?

Have noticed on this forum that owner report all their issues and never note what version of software they are using. Due to several versions of software out there, it would be very helpful to know what versions have what bugs.

I have the same problem and did not see it until V2.11 was installed. Had V2.8 prior to 2.11 and never had this issue. I also have to remove SD card and re-install card which will sometime cause a black screen. When the black screen appears the system will reboot and all is well until the next time. Because of my experience with this issue, I believe that the software (V2.11) is the issue and not a hardware problem. I have left my Sirius subscription expire (including the Travel link) and want to see if that is related to this problem.

Would be interesting to see how many X owners started having this problem when V2.11 was installed?

Have noticed on this forum that owner report all their issues and never note what version of software they are using. Due to several versions of software out there, it would be very helpful to know what versions have what bugs.

As well as what model year and build date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back