Navigation Sync 3 2017 Explorer question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navigation Sync 3 2017 Explorer question

mg5fords

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited 4x4
I have a 2009 F150 with Nav, had a 2013 Edge with Nav, now the 2017 Explorer with Nav. sync3. They are all a little different. The F150 & Edge are similar. Now for the Explorer..

Took a small road trip recently, and noticed something odd, different. When the Navigation on my 2009 F150
would see or know of accident or road delays, construction or such from Travel Link it would give you a tone that made you aware & a colored banner with what issue was.
On the Explorer if you are not watching screen all the time, a small message in a gray banner at the top of screen comes up and disappears quickly (no tone), and it changes your planned route without giving you an option or explanation and no way to see the banner note again, VERY annoying....

I can not find a way or option to change this. The new routing was correct and good but I do not give Navigation blind trust. Does not seem as user friendly as the other 2 vehicles. The F150 & Edge both went on cross country road trips and I was very comfortable with both.

Gotta question this one or maybe it"s me. Thanks for listening.

My 2015 Explorer with the Sync 2 gives you the pop up message with chime...my 2018 with Sync 3 gives you the quick message, but no chime...I use Waze most of the time, so no biggie (so far).

Note: There is a way to see traffic on your route/nearby, even after that quick notification goes away. Bottom right of Nav screen, push “Menu”, then select “Traffic List”...it will show you a list of traffic incidents, including the one that prompted the potential detour/alternate route.

Is Sirius required for this to function

Yes, you need the Sirius Travel subscription to obtain the info on your route/area.

Back