• Register Today It's free!

Navteq Map Updates

nobrainer

Reaction score
City, State
Carpentersville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ltd 4x4 V8
I was looking for the Navteq map updates for my 07 explorer's stock nav system - and navteq was offering them briefly - now when I try to get it from them it returns the following message...

Map updates for your Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Navigation System

Dear valued Ford, Lincoln and Mercury consumers. Please be advised that NAVTEQ is temporarily not selling any Ford-branded map update products at this time. For more information on the availability of Ford-branded map update products, please contact your local Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealer.

------------
Anybody know who took it over?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good question

That sucks, I was thinking about getting an updated disc myself...im due for service soon so I'll ask at my dealer and let you know what they tell me

Weird

Last month I bought the latest update for my 2008 Explorer.

It had several changes and updates that were needed for the area I travel as well as the neighborhood I live in.

I will check with my dealer. I just had them install the SYNC 911 Assist.

BGC

navteq

i wish sync was available in the 06. I definitely need updates, my navigation sends me the most ridiculous routes.

Wrong Direction

On a recent trip my NAV update took me in exactly the opposite direction. Thank heaven for the cell phone that worked! I was in the mountains where the Post Office had just changed some of their addresses. This had happened to me on a previous version as well when I was also in the mountains. I plan to keep a map atlas handy from now on.

Navteq Web Site

Check the Navteq web site again. I checked this A.M. and they have Ford update 8P listed for $ 199.00 on their site for the 2008 model. I did not check the 2007 model. Presume they are the same.

I saw the same things you saw after your first post.

Go figure!:)

8P is available for the 2007... $199, that's serious $$$... I'm starting to wish I had not gotten the nav system and stuck to my Garmin. At least that one is portable and has Blue Tooth.

Disappointed

8P is available for the 2007... $199, that's serious $$$... I'm starting to wish I had not gotten the nav system and stuck to my Garmin. At least that one is portable and has Blue Tooth.

I think it was only $ 149.00 the last time I bought. I have a cheaper version TomTom in my other car and it updates free so far! It has a 3d screen as well. Considering what I paid for the system in my Explorer it is a little disappointing.

if any of u guys buy the 8p can you share and like put it on bittorent or megaupload or something that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think it was only $ 149.00 the last time I bought. I have a cheaper version TomTom in my other car and it updates free so far! It has a 3d screen as well. Considering what I paid for the system in my Explorer it is a little disappointing.

If I may ask, did you add the nav in afterwards or did it come from factory?

Factory

I have the factory installed NAV package. With two exceptions it has not let me down. Even in those cases, it eventually corrected itself!

Im looking for a update for a 2007 murcury Mountaineer if anyone has knowledge of where to find it. thanks Tdooman

When you can buy a new GPS with likely newer maps than 2006 or 2007, I find it very unreasonable that they want $199 for an update.

Oh well! I agree with you, but that is the way it is. I have an older TomTom that is more accurate than my factory installed NAV.

TOMTOM doesn't offer real time traffic like Navteq does.

If anyone happened to have bought an Explorer and it had 8P in it and you want to burn a copy, I'll gladly pay for it, I just can't justify paying navteq $199 when I can just use my garmin that I paid $89 for.

It's on a torrent site.

I don't want to get flamed. So pm me and I'll give you the site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Illegal

It is against the law! Many people do it and get away with it. Others have been prosecuted successfully!

The DVD's are copyrighted and federally protected. It is a shame that Navteq and Ford set the price so high. I have a Garmin in my Subaru Baja that uses Navteq software and it upgrades automatically, true it is one of the more expensive Garmins, BUT!!!!

I would not advise using pirated software. If you do, don't advertise on a national forum.

I am not trying to be critical or judgmental, just a friendly warning.

BGC

Back