Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen.

I'm going to assume your backup/rear camera got turned on somehow. :laugh:
Another neat thing I found out? Engine was off, key in my pocket. The ST makes strange noises when off and now it is taking photos? It is an active 4G LTE Hotspot. Neat security system! When the liftgate opened the tablet lit up with the flash screen but then turned off, or so I thought.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ummm, not with the liftgate up.

That's about the only thing I could think of that would cause a picture of his face on his tablet. Which, if opened, the rear camera would be face level about where the picture was taken.

That's about the only thing I could think of that would cause a picture of his face on his tablet. Which, if opened, the rear camera would be face level about where the picture was taken.
That's true, but on the 5th gen., the ignition must be on and the gear selector in "Reverse". I don't know if the 2020 Explorer requires the same conditions or not.

Peter

Does remote window open actually (or supposed to) vent the moon roof on the ST?

Mine doesn’t.

Does remote window open actually (or supposed to) vent the moon roof on the ST?

Mine doesn’t.
The same question was raised in the 5th gen Forum and I don't believe anyone was able to get the moonroof to open. I tried several times but no luck. The Manual said it would.

Peter

I like the fact that the cargo storage cover can be reversed so as not to scuff up/ ruin the carpeted side. Aside from getting a cargo cover, it’s a neat work around.

Here’s another one I just discovered: you can elect to have no ambient light by simply aligning all the colors down the center. You’ll still get it when exiting your vehicle and red on the doors if you open it while the vehicle is on.

................. You’ll still get it when exiting your vehicle and red on the doors if you open it while the vehicle is on.
Have you confirmed the red lighting in the doors isn't there when opening them with the vehicle OFF? I thought that was part of a safety feature for night time.

Peter

Have you confirmed the red lighting in the doors isn't there when opening them with the vehicle OFF? I thought that was part of a safety feature for night time.

Peter
Confirmed. The red lighting only occurs when the vehicle is on (regardless of ambient color selection).

Below is lighting of open door when vehicle is off

F0D4067A-0CC5-4029-A01A-5659A03269AA.jpeg

How to give your key to a valet and still have a secure glovebox? Solved with a $8 blank glove box/door key. Give the valet the blank key and keep the cut key for your glovebox.

2019-09-12 12.51.47.jpg

How to give your key to a valet and still have a secure glovebox? Solved with a $8 blank glove box/door key. Give the valet the blank key and keep the cut key for your glovebox.
Just make sure you have the other 'cut' key with you so you can lock/open the glovebox.:)
Or take the key part out and hold on to it.

Peter

Did everyone get this mat for the storage behind the 3rd row? Found it wrapped in plastic while looking for the tow hook (which I dont have) tonight.

View attachment 173475
I don’t seem to have the two small panels to cover the side rear cargo areas that I see in your photo. Are they stored somewhere in the vehicle and I just haven’t found them? I have the main board as well as the small rubber mat for the center area.

I don’t seem to have the two small panels to cover the side rear cargo areas that I see in your photo. Are they stored somewhere in the vehicle and I just haven’t found them? I have the main board as well as the small rubber mat for the center area.

Mine were in place exactly as you see it.

A few things I think have come up in other threads.
DRLs during day, turn off on corresponding side turn signal is on, when signal is blinking. At night the DRLs stay on regardless of turn signal, but at night the DRL runs at a lower intensity.

Auto Park function - on previous vehicles you controlled the brake and gas. Now we just hold a button down and it does everything for you.

While most apps (whether CarPlay, AA, or Sync Applink) require you to be plugged into USB to work or show up in Mobile Apps. Pandora will show up in Mobile Apps while only Bluetooth connected. I do notice that if the App is already running, I have to close it and re-open it before Sync will see it. So I still get the thumb up/down options and the ability to peruse my content.

Auto Headlamp off or auto mode from stalk switch - On previous vehicles I have had including Lincoln, when they had Auto Headlamps... I could only disable the auto mode from the menu. So if I forced the brights on, say at low speed... if a car came they would turn back off again. Now the Auto function will turn off if you change state... for example. If in auto mode and the brights are on, if you push the stalk, turning them off.. auto mode will turn off and vice versa. This is all indicated by the Auto icon disappearing, so you know you are in manual mode. Push the stalk again to get Auto icon back on.

Can someone tell me what the button to the left of the hazard button is for? Has a tower icon of some sort on it. Ty.

Can someone tell me what the button to the left of the hazard button is for? Has a tower icon of some sort on it. Ty.

If you press that button then your parking sensors won't make any sound.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back