Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Ok, so why not start a thread with things you have learned that wouldn't just normally stand out.

1) windows are soft close and open. They slow down when almost closed or almost opened for a softer movement.

2) the dashes on the rpm and speedo get brighter with the speed you are going and furthest point away darkens. So as you hit 3k, 1k darkens, as you hit 4k, 2k darkens etc.

3) if you hug the white line too much, it tells you to get a coffee (my wife's version to give her an excuse to get one).

52056.jpeg

4) The crash warning is on the dash now.. the right side lights up a big red square with the warning.

5) One thing I am not happy about is the lack of auto up/down for the 2nd row windows (drivers control).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, so why not start a thread with things you have learned that wouldn't just normally stand out.

1) windows are soft close and open. They slow down when almost closed or almost opened for a softer movement.

2) the dashes on the rpm and speedo get brighter with the speed you are going and furthest point away darkens. So as you hit 3k, 1k darkens, as you hit 4k, 2k darkens etc.

3) if you hug the white line too much, it tells you to get a coffee (my wife's version to give her an excuse to get one).

View attachment 173469

4) The crash warning is on the dash now.. the right side lights up a big red square with the warning.

5) One thing I am not happy about is the lack of auto up/down for the 2nd row windows (drivers control).
Would have been nice to have Head's up display...Enjoyed having on my 16 BMW X 5.

I thought the soft open/close was a very nice touch as well and agree about the lack of auto up/down for the 2nd row.

A car cut me off and hit the brakes triggering the collision detection, that scared the crap out of me, lights and alarms everywhere. There is a row of LED's on top of the dash that act as a heads up display via the windshield that flash at you.

If the second row seats belts are unlatched you get a tattletale warning on the dash.

...........A car cut me off and hit the brakes triggering the collision detection, that scared the crap out of me, lights and alarms everywhere. There is a row of LED's on top of the dash that act as a heads up display via the windshield that flash at you..
That's a carryover from the 5th gen where it also precharges the brakes. Collision Warning with Brake Support.

Peter

Although I don't have the 2020, I think the hidden tow hook mounting point is a nice feature.

Peter

Although I don't have the 2020, I think the hidden tow hook mounting point is a nice feature.

Peter

if only we had the tow hook! I am taking mine by the dealer tomorrow to show him the empty place where it should be. Has anyone found the eyelet in the holder??

Did everyone get this mat for the storage behind the 3rd row? Found it wrapped in plastic while looking for the tow hook (which I dont have) tonight.

20190904_183811.jpg

Yep, mine was in there, but wrapped in plastic.

yep, also wrapped in plastic, and also don't have the tow hook

no hook for me
new to me is when pushing the auto button for AC it turns fan on (that's not new) but push it again and fan speed increases, so 2 fan speeds when turning AC to auto.

Most of us know that the vehicle image displayed with the active cruise control engaged is a Fusion in Eco drive mode and a Mustang in Sport mode. It also changes to an F 150 in Tow/Haul mode.

There’s no secondary hood release needed before lifting the hood. You pull the interior release twice. The driver door trim panel blocks access to the release lever with the door closed so you don’t accidentally open it while moving. This may not be a new feature to the Explorer but it’s new to me :)

^ It would have been really cool if the tail lights lit on the display vehicles when the adaptive cruse uses the brakes.

oh my bad, guess i should have pushed it again lol. thanks for info

Did everyone get this mat for the storage behind the 3rd row? Found it wrapped in plastic while looking for the tow hook (which I dont have) tonight.

View attachment 173475
Yes, got the mat and found out that the Weather Tech cargo mat from my Explorer Sport works great in the ST, not perfect but great.

2019-09-05 11.58.34.jpg

Haha, love the face shot on the screen.

I'm going to assume your backup/rear camera got turned on somehow. :laugh:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back