Need a clever fix for an aftermarket radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need a clever fix for an aftermarket radio

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT 2000 Eddie Bauer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you looked on Ebay?

I didn't even think about EBay, I will try it. thanks.

Tried EBay and no such luck. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Back when DD's were introduced they didnt come with a sleeve or a trim ring. since radio is 6 years old i bet you will be sol.

When dd's first came out they were the "replacement" size for some euro cars, jap cars. meaning they were iso mounted (using factory mounts/ screws) with no trims so the manu's didnt make the trim rings.

that being said you may be ablet o find one like a pioneer of a newer model that may work. you may need to break off the tabs that hold it to the radio and glue it on.

Back when DD's were introduced they didnt come with a sleeve or a trim ring. since radio is 6 years old i bet you will be sol.

When dd's first came out they were the "replacement" size for some euro cars, jap cars. meaning they were iso mounted (using factory mounts/ screws) with no trims so the manu's didnt make the trim rings.

that being said you may be ablet o find one like a pioneer of a newer model that may work. you may need to break off the tabs that hold it to the radio and glue it on.

I will try that, if that doesn't work I may just go to an install shop, trying the DIY approach first.

Dont just any screws though if you dont have the ones that came with the radio for the iso mount application. go to a stereo shop and almost any installer will have a pile of these little screws laying round. Just ask if they have any iso mount screws.

Dont just any screws though if you dont have the ones that came with the radio for the iso mount application. go to a stereo shop and almost any installer will have a pile of these little screws laying round. Just ask if they have any iso mount screws.

I have seen way to many wood screws mess up perfectly good head units, take this advice seriously.

Back