Need a Digital camera? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need a Digital camera?

I have an Olympus DL460 Zoom camera that I got a few months ago for around $480. If your looking for a decent digicam, I would highly suggest this model!! As you can see from Pics I have posted, and from my website, it takes very nice pictures. Go to http://www.warehouse.com, they have it on sale for $399.

Checkout these closeups of my tire. http://www.grandillusion.org/Bad Firestone Tire.htm These were taken without flash, and some were taken using the macro setting. It has plenty of features, and there are some accessories that you can get to make downloading the photos easier, like a PCMCIA adapter for a laptop, or a USB Smartmedia adapter. It takes panarama shots, 2X macro closeups, has a very nice viewscreen, and BEST OF ALL it is very good on batteries!!!! I bought the Nickel-metalhydride rechargeable batteries for it, and I can take at least 100 pictures before they need to be recharged, and that is with using the viewscreen. Right out of the box it has an 8 meg smartmedia card that can take up to 122 super quality (640x480), 36 high quality (1024x768)pictures, or 2 super high quality TIFF images, but I have found that with resolutions that high, the image only looks it when printed out, so if you were to take some nice pictures but only to be viewed on a monitor, the HQ setting at 1024x768 setting is what to use. You can get more smart media cards up 32 meg in size to hold more pics, but I would recomend that if you do, to get the Olympus brand media cards, since they are the only ones that can do the panarama mode, other brands only do regular pics.

Check it out, it has been highly rated, otherwise I would never have purchased it. Now that the price has dropped it is a great deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I sold my A2E and bought my newest toy a Minolta Dimage 2300. Total bill for camera, 8 meg card, batteries and recharger, strap, case, and software was 340 from Dead Link Removed This thing is awesome, loads of settings and different options. Here are some test pics I just took.

My Ground Hawgs
PICT0008.JPG

Ghost Cat
PICT0016.JPG

My CJ5 Dash
PICT0020.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, it was bound to happen. Last night at dinner, we were discussing the size boxes of some of the gift we had gotten each other. Our little girl(8 y.o. ) knew what I had gotten my wife and what she had gotten me. All of a sudden she(daughter) blurted out that the box my wife had gotten was big, she said, 'there must be something else in there besides that digital camera'. Wife very upset, daughter crying, Jeff---happy. I did try to hide it, but it was hard. She let me have it anyways and I told her this way I'll get to know how to use it before the Holidays and be able to take pics with it. Plus I gave her one early to make her feel better,...a ping-pong table, I thought it was a good trade. :)

Anywho, here it is. Nothing fancy, but pretty good for the money. Kodak DC215.
Dead Link Removed

Goober, this you gotta see...
Dead Link Removed

If that story is for real, there's something wrong with that guy!

LOL no Goober, the onion is just a site for stories they think are funny, and they ALWAYS are. You should've seen their election coverage, just a bunch of stuff they make up and it's always good. Go to http://www.theonion.com. Lets see, some of the news stories the week of the election were: "Clinton declares himself President for life", "ANother 1,200 people die in Washington, D.C. riot following un-called vote" and "Nader looses in Florida, by either 3 million some odd votes or 3 million some other odd votes" I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was funny! :)

Back