• Register Today It's free!

Need a front bumper

Bens4vcobra

Reaction score
City, State
Gulf Coast, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I am looking for a chrome front bumper for my 98 E. its the one with the chrome bumper, trim piece and lower valence w/ rectangle fog lights. i checked it out new and this would cost me about $500+ new and thats not including labor IF i bought the parts myself. i checked ebay and nothing. does anybody know where i can get used bumpers for explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Too bad you're not in CA...I've got mine sitting in the back of the boat.

would you consider shipping it? at my expense of course.

not sure what that is. can you please explain?

It's like a junk yard. We have one here in KC that is called Pick-N-Pull. You bring your own tools, pay $1 to get in and then hope they have what you want.

Personally I hate the place. No one cares how they get the part off. So many parts get destroyed by people just ripping stuff apart. Intereior parts are the worst.

He looked there and that's were he got the 500+ pricing from.

Right cause i need the whole assembly, bumper, lower valence, trim brackets and fog lights.

would you consider shipping it? at my expense of course.

I would consider it, but I think it will be easier and probably cheaper to find one locally. My bumper has four 1/2" holes drilled in it for Hella 500s, and a bunch of holes underneath for a skid plate, so it's not in great condition for a replacement part. If you find one locally without/missing the bracketry, let me know and I can ship you those smaller parts. Definitely hit the Pick-n-Pull yards. Good luck!

Oh, if you're replacing the bumper because of a collision, post some carnage pics!

Back