• Register Today It's free!

need a hand

batshiz

Reaction score
City, State
quasqueton iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91xlt
got a 91 ford x but need to get the mercury mountaineer badges to put on so i can rent a tow dolly from u-haul, didnt see any on ebay none in the salvage yards around me going to check price at the dealer tomarrow um any other places need them bye friday!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone else's driveway ;).

sorry but unless the peopel at uhual are completely stupid, they know what an explroer looks like.... and what a mounty looks like.. there were no mounties available in a boxy front end.....

also the grill has a large for emblem on your truck... if anything, i would look to find mazda navajo badges... they might not know that there never was a 4 door navajo, but i am pretty sure they will figure out there was no 91 mountaineer

Or get a friend with a vehicle that isnt an explorer to go in and get it for you. Let him leave with it and you use it later.

Vanquish502 said:
Or get a friend with a vehicle that isnt an explorer to go in and get it for you. Let him leave with it and you use it later.

And then when you go to return it, tow it with your explorer and back it right through U-haul's front door, and then blame it on the "unsafe" explorer :D

Seriously U haul is that dumb, they will rent to you in a mercury but not in an Explorer, its poilicy and the guy behind the counter just wants to rent you a trailer, as long as it says Mercury on the form you fill out you are good to go.

How about just remove all the badges from the truck and tell them its a Mountaineer.

Otherwise you are looking for a junk yard and a rare vehicle to find inthe junk yard...

I think a bunch of people on here have said they rented em without rebadging, and just said they had mounties, or navajo.

Back