Need a new fuel pump. Do I need OEM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need a new fuel pump. Do I need OEM

SportTrac4x4

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport trac
Fuel pump as finally given up, after two years of intermittent starting. Should I get the OEM Fuel pump for about $175 2L2Z9H307HB or some other brand. Yes, trying to save money, but don't want junk that breaks. There are $57 fuel pumps for this truck on ebay but dont want junk missing parts I need. Any ideas, ebay or other appreciated.

I buy only Bosch fuel pumps off eBay. Yes they're under $60. You'll also need a new fuel filter and strainer/sock. They work great. I put one in my '01 ST a few months ago and I'll be installing my 4th Bosch pump (in 4 different vehicles) in my '00 XLT soon. Bosch 69128.

Here's a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Fu...ash=item1a02b6faa3:g:AKgAAOSwjVVVn-P1&vxp=mtr

You'll only need the pump, fuel line, FI clamps, jumper wire and insulator out of the kit. The rest of the stuff is for different vehicles.

It would be dumb to install a used fuel pump considering how much work is involved in changing it and for all you know the used pump may be the reason the truck is in the junk yard.

Tip: Don't bother trying to remove the assembly from the fuel line. Just remove it from the tank with the fuel line attached and swing it over the leaf spring to replace the pump. Trying to disconnect the fuel line is a bear and unnecessary.

Thanks for the info! Is there a whole assembly made by bosch for a few more $$$?

Thanks for the info! Is there a whole assembly made by bosch for a few more $$$?

I don't know. Search eBay. I never looked for one. Waste of money if you only need the pump.

Back