Need advice, please, on ordering a 2016 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need advice, please, on ordering a 2016 Explorer

scford

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Acura
How difficult is it to place an special order at a dealership? I have talked to 4 dealerships in our area with a request to order a 2016, but they seem less than enthusiastic about doing so. I assume they want to clear out the 2015's, but unfortunately the configuration we want is not available. Plus the 2016's look great!

Any advice on how to get our car ordered? Should we expect to negotiate price at this stage? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I personally emailed about 4 dealers and only one got back with me, but they ordered it back in March with no problem and gave me invoice price on it without any haggling. This was a AutoNation dealer by the way.

Thanks for your reply. Out of curiosity, what rebates, if any, were applied to the price? Did you receive a D.O.R.A. for your order? Do you know the status of your order?

I personally emailed about 4 dealers and only one got back with me, but they ordered it back in March with no problem and gave me invoice price on it without any haggling. This was a AutoNation dealer by the way.

No rebates just dealer invoice was given. I was told if there are any rebates at time of purchase those would also be available but I don't think their will be any. I did have to put a $1000 down but they have never done anything with the check I gave them and have the option to cancel at anytime. They have given me a build order number but nothing has been scheduled as of this time.

How difficult is it to place an special order at a dealership? I have talked to 4 dealerships in our area with a request to order a 2016, but they seem less than enthusiastic about doing so. I assume they want to clear out the 2015's, but unfortunately the configuration we want is not available. Plus the 2016's look great!

Any advice on how to get our car ordered? Should we expect to negotiate price at this stage? Thanks in advance!

Last November, Ford announced the restyled 2016 Explorer, and I knew immediately that I wanted to own a 2016 Platinum. Ford started taking retail orders for the 2016 models at the end of November, and by mid-December last year I had visited three Ford dealerships in my area. The first two dealers told me to "come back next summer" to order a 2016. They didn't appear to want my business. The third dealership was very receptive to my request to order a 2016 Platinum. We negotiated a very fair "invoice-plus" deal, and I placed my order with a $500 deposit on December 22. My sales contract with the dealership stipulates that I will be eligible for any and all rebates and incentives offered by Ford when I take delivery of my new 2016 Platinum.

I've been checking with Crystal here from time to time to find out if my 2016 Platinum has been scheduled to be built. Nope, not yet. But to be truthful, my dealer told me that Job 1 for the 2016 Platinum would be approximately July 1, so I'm not surprised that my Explorer has not yet been scheduled.

...I've been checking with Crystal here from time to time to find out if my 2016 Platinum has been scheduled to be built. Nope, not yet. But to be truthful, my dealer told me that Job 1 for the 2016 Platinum would be approximately July 1, so I'm not surprised that my Explorer has not yet been scheduled.

Hey, folks!

If you've placed an order for a new Explorer like Exit32 has, don't forget to reach out to me via PM with your order number and dealership name/location so I can provide you with status updates. If you're curious about available incentives, you can give my friends at the Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375. Alternatively, if you're on Twitter, you can send a tweet to our verified Twitter account: [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION].

Crystal

Thank you. I'll keep at it then.

No rebates just dealer invoice was given. I was told if there are any rebates at time of purchase those would also be available but I don't think their will be any. I did have to put a $1000 down but they have never done anything with the check I gave them and have the option to cancel at anytime. They have given me a build order number but nothing has been scheduled as of this time.

Thank you for taking the time to provide all this information. I'll keep at it and hopefully I will find a dealership that shows an interest. I know it will difficult to wait for a 2016!

Last November, Ford announced the restyled 2016 Explorer, and I knew immediately that I wanted to own a 2016 Platinum. Ford started taking retail orders for the 2016 models at the end of November, and by mid-December last year I had visited three Ford dealerships in my area. The first two dealers told me to "come back next summer" to order a 2016. They didn't appear to want my business. The third dealership was very receptive to my request to order a 2016 Platinum. We negotiated a very fair "invoice-plus" deal, and I placed my order with a $500 deposit on December 22. My sales contract with the dealership stipulates that I will be eligible for any and all rebates and incentives offered by Ford when I take delivery of my new 2016 Platinum.

I've been checking with Crystal here from time to time to find out if my 2016 Platinum has been scheduled to be built. Nope, not yet. But to be truthful, my dealer told me that Job 1 for the 2016 Platinum would be approximately July 1, so I'm not surprised that my Explorer has not yet been scheduled.

Hi Everyone! I ordered my 2016 Platinum last week and I received a $500 rebate that even surprised the salesman when he placed the order. He also told me if the rebate goes up I will be elegible for whatever it is. The next dealer assault on my wallet will be them trying to sell me the extended warranty. I've been doing lots of research on this and think I'm going to pass on getting it this time around.

The Ford Partner site is showing a $500 rebate.

waiting for the rebates on the 15s to go up. They must be crazy only offering 1500, which is basically like 1000, since the 16s have 500

waiting for the rebates on the 15s to go up. They must be crazy only offering 1500, which is basically like 1000, since the 16s have 500

There are probably dealer incentives as well. The Explorer is a pretty strong seller, so the incentives may be a bit low.

Yes they are, but no one in their right mind would want to buy a new "old" car without some kind of compensation. Even if you prefer the 15 over the 16. The second those 16s roll out, the value of your 15 will **** the bed substantially since you now have an "old" model

I'm looking at buying a 15 Sport with every option for $43500. Thoughts on that?

I'm looking at buying a 15 Sport with every option for $43500. Thoughts on that?

With every option stickers around $53,000. I doubt you get them down that far unless you have X plan or another Ford plan. My guess would be no less than $46,000. Perhaps 6 months from now might get you there. You'd just have to hope they can find one close to what you want.

MSRP is $52,280. It's mine if I want it for $43,500 plus Taxes. It has 401A, Sunroof, Ruby Red, 2nd row bucket seats with console, and Adaptive cruise.

I just picked up my 2015 white explorer sport on Saturday I purchased out in NJ I got it for 43k. Pictures coming soon I absolutely love the truck.

I just picked up my 2015 white explorer sport on Saturday I purchased out in NJ I got it for 43k. Pictures coming soon I absolutely love the truck.

What options did yours have?

MSRP is $52,280. It's mine if I want it for $43,500 plus Taxes. It has 401A, Sunroof, Ruby Red, 2nd row bucket seats with console, and Adaptive cruise.

we bought that same car, w/o adaptive cruise, in late April for around $45,700 I believe w/o having the paperwork in front of me. I think the sticker was $51,130. $43,500 is an aggressive price. We had trouble finding a Ruby Red with the charcoal/sienna interior with rear buckets and a console. We were looking for about 10% off MSRP and got that.

Good Luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let's not get off track here. The thread is about ordering a 2016 model.
Thanks.

Peter

Back