Need advice re purchase!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need advice re purchase!!

I realize yours is a buy. I just wanted to let you know that my contract stated the mileage when it was signed and that the warranty would begin at that mileage. The Ford warranty people should have the info as to when your file shows it starting.

Peter
Oh, ok I got you. That makes sense. Thanks for your input.
Terry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The day/year it was first put in service - i.e. As a "Courtesy Car" for the Dealership...

I work in Purchasing & Contracts and carefully read warranties all the time, as well as deal with salespeople, good & bad...

Hence my opinions & free advice :)
That was my understanding as well, when the vehicle was first put into service, i.e. as a courtesy car, they told me that since it was never titled, the day the car was bought and titled, is the day the warranty starts. I have no doubt, two years from now, if I need a major repair, I’m going to get hosed.

Terry, I guess you haven't called the number shown "for assistance" in the Warranty Guide.

Peter

Completely agree.

To the OP, since they didn't do the Lixcare, ask them to mail you a check for the $1,295. If they choose to decline that, I'd then give them 7 days to issue a check or you will file small claims.

You have it in writing what they charge, you have it in writing that you didn't get it, so now no harm no foul, send a refund.
THIS ^^^^^ - Clean and simple. They sold you something that was not delivered but represented as such. I'm not an attorney but that sounds like fraud to me.

Your vehicle should be in the system so a call to any Ford service dept. will be able to tell you the "in service date" for the vehicle.

That is one of the problems when buying from an out-of-state dealer or one many miles away. I'm guessing that they are counting on the customer not wanting to travel the distance. I doubt that your dealership would do it since they would have to get reimbursed for the job plus you didn't buy the Explorer from them in the first place. If it was never titled then you should be good to go from the purchase date and the factory warranty is implied. Does your contract state the mileage at the time of sale? My lease agreement does.

Peter
It would be another PITA, but I’d tell them you’re not traveling that far and taking your time to have the paint protection applied, and just refund your money.

Ok, here’s the latest, after 9 days of phone calls, texts, emails etc. I received a text message from the sales manager, she proceeds to tell me that even though it’s a 2020, it was never titled so I’m supposed to get the full factory warranty BTB from the date of purchase and that it’s an implied knowledge statement. Basically they don’t put new car warranties in writing, because it’s known that all new cars get the same warranty. I only requested something in writing because it’s a year old courtesy car with over 3900 miles on it, I still don’t trust them on that, but I guess time will tell.

You don't need to wait for "time to tell", your warranty information should be on your Fordpass page.

He should be able to find the warranty start date by calling one of the listed numbers in the Warranty Guide. After all it is those people that handle the warranty and will determine when it starts.

Peter

You may also be able to see your warranty info if you have the FordPass app. It showed the warranty and ESP info for our 2018 Focus and our 2020 Escape company vehicle so I am thinking that you may be able to find your answer there. Look under "service and support/vehicle details/warranty". It will list the start date at the top. If that's your purchase date, you can sleep easy. :)

Hopefully this helps.

Back