• Register Today It's free!

Need Advice

Texanz06

Reaction score
City, State
Southeast , Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited
Got my Shark Fin in today, and comparing the color's by sitting the fin on the hood of the Ex, the color's seem to be a little off would like to know what you folks think, should I send it back or just let it go as is. My Ex is Platinum White, these picture's or with my iphone and outside.
Thanks
David.
F5E4230E-6C89-4BCE-8108-87C602BD0173-7714-00000D84F79C8DD9.jpg

696B8032-4EF3-4D4E-918C-D1322BDC5801-7714-00000D84F2B83B02.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They sure look different to me. I don’t know about you but I am very picky on how my car looks and even if someone else couldn’t notice I would and it would drive me nuts! Did you call and complain or see if they made a mistake?

Just got them in today and after cleaning the Ex I got to looking at it, thought I would post first wasn't sure if someone with the Platinum White has gotten a shark fin and there color was off also, I'm not to pleased with it either, will call them tomorrow.
Thanks

While metallic paints are difficult to match exactly, that is pretty far off! I think you are doing the right thing by giving them a call and letting them know. Maybe they changed something in their process and this is an undesirable side effect.

I dont have a real good close up of mine, but compared to yours, mine it considerably closer in color. My shark fin more closely matches my bumpers, gas cap, and spoiler, which are all slightly off from the rest of the vehicle and have been since deliver. Again, plastic parts compared to metal. If I compare the sharkfin to the hood, its going to look farther off compared to if I compare it to the bumpers.....

IMG_2183.jpg

CNSheets what is your color code sticker say, I really was not sure what number to look at on the door jam sticker.
Thanks
David

That looks like an old Lexus or Caddy color. I would not use it.

I have talked to the folks at Visual Garage, the paint code they painted it was
M7204A, which is the wrong color should have been UG so I'm hoping they get it corrected, I did install the Black one on the wife's EX. it looks sharp.
Regards

Bummer that it was painted wrong, but at least it should be an easy fix :)

It should be a easy fix but they sure are slow getting back to you. I have emailed them again today and still no word, Now it's the waiting game.

I ordered one for my White Explorer Sport, that I have not taken delivery on (this week), and it appeared to be the wrong color as well.

Let me know what happens. I think I will shoot them an email as well.

Maybe giving them the paint code is the problem. When I ordered mine all I gave them was the color of white platinum tri-coat and it came through perfectly. Can't tell the difference.:usa::usa::usa:

Maybe giving them the paint code is the problem. When I ordered mine all I gave them was the color of white platinum tri-coat and it came through perfectly. Can't tell the difference.:usa::usa::usa:

I did not give them the paint code either, just the white platinum tri-coat name.

I heard back from them and they discovered that there painters had gotten some different paint from there supplier and it was the wrong formula, I've sent the other back and there repainting another. I also just gave them the color and not the paint code the first time I ordered.

Got the repainted Shark Fin in still don't think it matches that well but installed it any how. Here are a few pictures of it installed these were taken in the garage so the lighting is not that great.
81EA6780-6821-4EC5-8C76-9A8D183119D0-17443-000022501BAB35F3.jpg

023892E4-AFE6-4670-AEA7-96C62E55275A-17443-00002250165B0D05.jpg

1C691E2D-0449-495B-A5F6-2776F68EBE64-17443-00002250193352F0.jpg

Would be interested in seeing it in sunlight. Hopefully the match will look better (looks to have a little too much yellow in it).

Back