• Register Today It's free!

Need advice

technobandit96

Reaction score
City, State
Taylorsville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XL 4WD
What would the best options to give my car away? I have offers saying they want the rear axle. I also had a person saying he wants the cat in the back. :\ I have also have offers for buying the whole truck.
What would help my situation? Would I give it to someone who is willing to work on it or will it be better if I part it out. I'm willing to do the work if means necessary I pulled most of the interior pieces apart and some from the engine bay.
This is not my strong suit and I'm also getting to go back to school in the fall for college if that helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easiest thing is to sell the whole thing. What they do with it after they buy shouldn’t be a concern. Did you get a dollar offer on it?

Sell the whole thing! You don't want to part it out and have a truck with no axle sitting around. You would have to have it towed after the bits and pieces have been sold off.

Unless you have the space and want it sitting around not making money for you, take the cash for the whole thing.

I know there are charities that will accept cars as donation if that's something you want to look into.

Sell the whole thing! You don't want to part it out and have a truck with no axle sitting around. You would have to have it towed after the bits and pieces have been sold off.
That would cost me more than it would be.

Unless you have the space and want it sitting around not making money for you, take the cash for the whole thing.

I know there are charities that will accept cars as donation if that's something you want to look into.
Check around for the Charitys, there is one around here that has an instructor guide disadvantaged youth thru the rebuild/ fix up! Very cool

Check around for the Charitys, there is one around here that has an instructor guide disadvantaged youth thru the rebuild/ fix up! Very cool
That sounds like a cool program, sandsprayer. I'll keep something like that in mind should my ex bite it.

That sounds like a cool program, sandsprayer. I'll keep something like that in mind should my ex bite it.
I had a 92 Bronco that I donated a couple years ago, I had to be honest, always meant to finish it, just hadn't had time the last 10 years. Interior was new, neoprene and rubber.
They sourced a new 5.8l and tranny( and cooler) from Jasper, added aluminum radiator, and electric fans, among other things
Sold it for $15000. Somebody got a great truck.
It financed their next 3 projects.
and yeah, I'm still kicking myself in the head........
Here's to hoping your ex lives long.

Sell it whole (Less $, Less Time)
Part it out (More $, More Time)
Donate (if you need a tax deduction)
Junk it (if you dont want any $ or tax deduction)

Seeing you are a student, returning to school in a few weeks, I'm guessing selling it whole fits your situation best.

Back