need advise on installing LOWER VALANCE PANEL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need advise on installing LOWER VALANCE PANEL

dora51032

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'12 Explorer 3.5 FWD XLT
i purchase my ex with the lower valance or spoiler removed by previous owner.

IMG_5492.jpg

i would like to purchase a new one and found this

fo1095239c_1_1.jpg

questions: the one that i'm going to buy dont have holes for the two self locking clips (two in each side) is it neccesary to put holes and purchase screw or clips? also do i need to cutout a hole on the passenger side?

IMG_4945_1.jpg

15mm%20front%20and%2025mm%20rear_1.jpg

There are apparently 2 different valances. One with and one without the passenger side cutout. That cutout is for those that have the factory tow package. If you don't have the tow package then you don't need that. Is the one pictured a Ford OEM valance? If so it should have the holes. I also believe that those are rivets, not screws.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ront-lower-valance-have-rivets-or-not.319978/
I wonder if your Explorer is the one shown in a thread posted a few years ago where a member removed the valance. Several members have done it to allow for more clearance. It is for aerodynamics but I don't know how much real world difference it makes.

Peter

Dora, I see your from Abu Dhabi, note that the lower valance for GCC exported Explorers is completely different than those for US/North American models. I would suggest you stick with the GCC model valance as Ford surely made the change for a reason.

2011-2012-Ford-Explorer-in-Dubai.jpg

10ae0f0bf037b2c5b2b748f8b5c7c5.jpg

Thanks for that info omar302. It may have something to do with better cooling. Perhaps that is why it was removed.:dunno:

Peter

Back