Need Aftermarket Radio Suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Aftermarket Radio Suggestions

bodiea

Reaction score
City, State
Temple,Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Ok Guys here's the deal. I'm 41 years old and pretty laid back and listen mostly to country music. But I am also a single dad of an 8 year old son and a 11 year old daughter that continuosly harrass me about my style of music and the low level at which I play it. Although they are quick to admit that they know quite a few classics from Elvis, The Temptations, Johnny Cash, Etc... But want to listen to more their style of music a little louder and clearer. I have a stock system in my 2000 XLS- AM/FM, CD, and Cassette with four speakers. What kind of reasonable system can I put in to replace the stock one with? Are there any that have navigation or dvd players available and fairly easy to install and wire? Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are plenty of aftermarket stereos you could replace yours with. The simple cd player is pretty easy to wire up just make sure to get a wiring harness so that you dont have to hack up the factory wiring. Good brands are Alpine, Kenwood, Eclipse just to name a few. There are also plenty of indash dvd and navigation units out there but the good ones are quite abit more costly then your cd recivers.

Here is a good site to check to see what will fit in your car and if you buy from them they usally give you wiring harness for you vehichle and dashkits aswell as full instructions on how to do it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_300/Car-Receivers.html?tp=5684

But if your not comfortable doing it all your self alot of places will do headunit installs for free if you buy from them.

EX: Best buy, Circuit city, And other electronic stores

Thanks! I looked at them. I guess I need to look at the one in the ex, the ones I've seen just look small? Maybe just the way it looks?

Thanks! I looked at them. I guess I need to look at the one in the ex, the ones I've seen just look small? Maybe just the way it looks?

CD players come in different sizes the small ones you are refering to would be a single din style thats what most have only thing you would need to fit it into the dash is a dashkit made for your truck you can find them at alot of places even walmart sells them.

it would look like this

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_003FMK550/Ford-In-dash-Receiver-Kit.html?search=dash+kit

Make sure that you get the correct speaker size though you can modify to fit but that sometimes can be very complicated.

Back