• Register Today It's free!

need another inch or so

MountainMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
my x right now has a 4" rough country up front and soa in the rear. problem is the rear is way to high and rather then install some coil spacers and have to mess around with the brake lines im just going to lower the rear. i have warrior 153 shackles and a short procomp add a leaf but this gives me a little less then 3" of lift so i was wondering is there something else i can do for the rear to get it up another inch or maybe 2 without going back soa or buying lift leafs?

i saw a few threads about f150 leaf packs that say to use a longer leaf from a 5 leaf pack as a aal and that gives a few inchs of lift. does it work? and i think the early 90's f150s leaf packs are the same width as gen 1 x's so could i just use the entire f150 pack?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Personnal have in my truck a 4 in rough country
SOA in rear with f150 spacer in front with extended brake lines wirh warrior shackles in rear and it fine
My opinion to you would take the add a leaf out it would help level the truck
What size tire are you running

just take out the overload spring and throw the factory shackles on there.
regardless of spacers, i still had to have extended brake lines. are yours not tight as a guitar string???

Longer shackles on the back of the leafs, and 2" square tubing between the front spring mounts and the frame? that would do it cheap.. thats what id do :)

just take out the overload spring and throw the factory shackles on there.
regardless of spacers, i still had to have extended brake lines. are yours not tight as a guitar string???

i already have the overload spring out and im not running an aal right now and i somehow lost my factory shackles so i need to go pick some up so that will lower it a bit but the rear will still sit way higher. with the kit i got from rough country the factory brake lines were long enough. and even flexed right out the shocks that came with the kit restrict more flex before the brake lines. what lift do you have?

Back