• Register Today It's free!

Everett PHX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wetumpka, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2001 explorer I'm in the middle of doing the v6 to v8 swap. Over the very long course of this (my buddy deployed and the project went stagnant for a while) anyways bolts were lost and some were not labeled or have been separated from the labels. The next main things I need put on that I don't have bolts for is:
Water Pump
Coolant Elbow
Fuel rails
Valve covers

And I'm sure some other accessories. My question is does anyone know where I can buy a legit bolt kit for the 2001 ex 5.0 because I can't find anything. It's all for the mustang and if not it's for the 80s model 5.0. my only two options for bolts is either PullAPart and take an engine apart out there which would be a real PITA. Or tap and die the bolts and measure the lengths which would also be a PITA. Both have pluses and minuses, I'm just hoping there's an easier way.

Also I'm located in Montgomery, AL if anyone is fairly local and may want to lend a hand or advice. This whole project has been a disaster. I just wanted a drive my baby again!!! :)

Thank you guys and if this is not in the correct section I apologize in advance.

You're welcome. Hopefully it helps. Good luck.

Back