• Register Today It's free!

need elctronic and tranny help

atvbummer

Reaction score
City, State
belton mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I have a 1994 XLT with auto tranny the tranny uses about 1-2 quarts of fluid per week no visible leeking where is the fluid going
also i have a new switch in the drivers side door for power window and a new motor can here the motor kickin in but the window will not go down the switch will operate front passenger windo only not worried about the 2 back windows need help on this problem thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the window, the only think I can say is carefully take the door panel off and see what the issue is. The window mechanism is a pretty simple mechanism so it sholdn't be too hard to see where it is fouling up.

1-2 quarts a week? Thats pretty substantial. It has to be going somewhere.. so no puddles of fluid under the vehicle, no fluid stuck on something under it? I don't know what to suggest there

I talked to the tranny shop today and the described the problem put it on the stand and no poolin any where and he said that they have heard of this problem before a vacum line on the modulator valve next to the heat sheild on the transmission the fluid is getting sucked up into the oil and burned out also causing pinging like youhave bad gas it will cost $100to fix and an oil change thank you for your response will take the door panel off and see what is going on when it comes back from tranny shop

tranny fluid

I had the same problem with the tranny fluid, check your engine oil and see if it is over full, thats were mine was going. it was being sucked thru the vaccum tube from the modulater on the trans. if you pull the vaccum line off the modulator and it has fluid in it, it needs to be replaced. but then again your engine may be just burning the fluid it is sucking in, however that much a week it seems like youd see it smoke sometimes, hope this will help that was what caused my lost fluid

yeah first gens have this problem i checked. sometimes it will dissapear without a trace

Back