• Register Today It's free!

Need Foglight wiring diagram...

vp6799

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Anyone have access to the 5th gen wiring diagram?

I would like to disable the fog lights turning off when the high beams are on function. I've done it to my 99 ranger, 02 explorer, and 04 expedition just by bending 1 tab on the foglight relay, but with all of the electronics in the new explorers, i'm afraid of shorting something out by accident. So the smart thing to do, is check the wiring diagrams out first.

My explorer is a 2014 Limited with halogen headlights and auto lights (if it matters).

Thanks
Vic

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to disable the fog lights turning off when the high beams are on function. I've done it to my 99 ranger, 02 explorer, and 04 expedition just by bending 1 tab on the foglight relay, but with all of the electronics in the new explorers, i'm afraid of shorting something out by accident. So the smart thing to do, is check the wiring diagrams out first.

My explorer is a 2014 Limited with halogen headlights and auto lights (if it matters).

Thanks
Vic
That would be illegal in some states. There is a reason they turn off when the high beams are used. Also, not really sure what they would add to the high beams.

Peter

That would be illegal in some states. There is a reason they turn off when the high beams are used. Also, not really sure what they would add to the high beams.

Peter

It's not illegal in MA. The only thing you can get cited you for here is if you drive with your high beams on within the city.

I'm not looking for better lighting benefits. What I get out of it is the fog light HID ballasts not switching off and on with a quick turn around. Since it's not good for the ballasts. They stay on if I flash someone to let them go.

Vic

Thanks
Vic

Not gonna be able to do it. The body control module has an internal relay that is controlled by the processor. The relay contacts are soldered to the board.

Not gonna be able to do it. The body control module has an internal relay that is controlled by the processor. The relay contacts are soldered to the board.

That's what I thought and confirmed with the link that swashawaii posted above. That sucks, oh well it stays the way it is...LoL

Back