NEED HELP! 01 sport trac in limp mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEED HELP! 01 sport trac in limp mode

bradley.bryan

Reaction score
City, State
houston, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport trac
After having the thermostat housing replaced, my '01 sport trac started going into "limp mode" for no aparent reason. After I reset the battery, the vehicle drove for about 3 weeks and suddenly began doing the same thing. The OD codes given were for for shifting issues when there never were any. All the fuses are intact and I, as of yet, did not locate any problem with the wiring. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are the codes it's showing?

After having the thermostat housing replaced, my '01 sport trac started going into "limp mode" for no aparent reason. After I reset the battery, the vehicle drove for about 3 weeks and suddenly began doing the same thing. The OD codes given were for for shifting issues when there never were any. All the fuses are intact and I, as of yet, did not locate any problem with the wiring. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please describe limp mode

I did not get a print out of the codes, however I remember it had a incorrect shift for each gear for a total of 5 codes. Also, the truck would be driving great and then start flashing OD and the truck would slow to about 5 mph. I reset the code and it ran great for about 3 weeks and began again after about 300 miles drive in 100+ degree weather.

Back