Need Help: Biggest Wheels and Tire Size on Any Gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help: Biggest Wheels and Tire Size on Any Gen

I am need of your help. I want to put together a chart similar to the Lifts and Max Tire Size chart for Big Wheels (17,18, 20, 22, etc) and tire size.

Rules: Post only tire size, wheel size/even if your stock (diameter and width - add backspacing and offset if possible), and generation (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th). Be sure to post ALL of the information - not just bits and pieces

You don't have to have the setup on your vehicle - if you find a post that has a picture or somebody stating "I have 22s on my 99 with x../xx/R22 tires" then you can post it on here, just leave a link to where you found that post for verification!

Thank you for all your help.

Also, any post besides what I need (above) will be deleted. Post ONLY tire sizes, wheel sizes, and generation. NO TECH QUESTIONS!!!!

-Drew

EDIT: for you off-road guys, please refrain from posting here. This is really just for streeters with dubs, mustang wheels, etc. We already have a off-road tire chart :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

265/60/18 on 18x9 +24 Offset on 2nd Gen 4dr.

Required a 1/4" spacer in front to clear dust caps on hubs (2wd).

Slight rubbing at full steering lock on the sway bar.

thank you :thumbsup:

keep 'em coming

-Drew

c'mon guys theres more of you all out there

I know the most common sizes for 20's were 275/45/20's, I had them on a 20x8.5" rim. I never had any rubbing even when I was lowered 3" front and rear.

(97' 4door EB)

265/60/18 on 18x9 +35mm Offset on 2nd Gen 4dr, 30.6" tall.

Required a 1/4" spacer in front to clear ball joint.

35mm is about the high limit for 95-01 models with 9" wide wheels.

Back