• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

need help creating web page

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
I'm a fairly new member. I have a pretty good knowledge of cars but I'm almost completely computer illiterate. I was wondering if anyone could give me a detailed explanation or directions on how to create my own web page so that I can post pictures? :ca: :chug: :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

karl_burns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC - Go Deacs!
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV 5speed
This isn't very detailed, but if you get a copy of Microsoft Frontpage, that's about the easiest way ever to create a webpage. FrontPage writes the html code for any graphic/text you create in a word-processor like format. Try that first.
Best of luck,
Karl

Howard

Moderator Elite Explorer
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Milton Keynes
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 SOHC UK SPEC

Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
You will need webspace...Buy a domain or get one from cardomain or geocities(they suck) then you can use a web editor to make the website, its pretty easy. There is a free web editor on Netscape.

urbanistic

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 5.0
Netscapes free editor is a lot like frontpage. If you have a decent MS Office software, you can just save a document as HTML and it will convert just like frontpage does. My vote, go for the support of this site, easiest way :)

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Thanx guys Now all i need is some time and I'll get to it.

karl_burns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC - Go Deacs!
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV 5speed
another site for hosting

free.prohosting.com

At this site, you can pick the free (which means pop-ups come up), or pay a one time $10 fee and no pop-ups / banners. That's what I did. And upload the html code from Frontpage or Netscape's website building interface.

Karl

jester6

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona desert
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
If ya want actual web hosting, try godaddy.com. They start $37/yr, $47/yr if ya pay month by month & youll have no pop up adds. And ya if ya dont have MS office or frontpage already & dont want to spend the money for it right now, get netscape or the full mozilla web browser. Thats how I started before I moved up to mac dreamweaver.

rfuree11

Official Bikini Inspector
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 WRX Limited
1&1 and frontpage ;)
the only reason my sites down is because i took it down

www.1and1.com

jester6

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona desert
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
Yea dreamweaver is the best, it is ment for a more advance user thou but a novice user can work thru it with some patience. Im glad I have my own webs & email server even thou it is a more expensive than getting hosting. Its nice having complete control over your hosting :D