need help dana 44 solid axle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help dana 44 solid axle

need help, I already have a dana 44 solid axle under my bronco 2 but would like to change it to a fullsize axle, I have the fullsize axle already but have one question want is the best way to get the radius arms to line up with the frame the wedges on the axle are cast so i cant move them. the radius arms are about 2 or 3 inches awayon the outside of the frame any help would be great:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some people just build new radius arm mounts to accommodate the new width. Search through some of the SAS swaps in this forum and you should find something that will help. You could also probably get new radius arms that will let you use the existing mounts.

Good luck.

Just run new radius arm mounts to the outside of the frame like mine;)

you can get/modify your own arms that fit the fullsize wedges but bend in to accommodate smaller frames. Very popular among fullwidth EB's as far as I know.

Search for Jamest's early bronco buildup, im pretty sure he's runnin those arms.

A buddy has a set of radius arm extensions 12" long he said to move the mount back farther and it will work. but a heard u have to bend the radius arms is that easy to do? and how and where do u bend them?:eek: .

A buddy has a set of radius arm extensions 12" long he said to move the mount back farther and it will work. .

This helped with mine, my 11" extensions moved the mount points just inside the frame. I`m not sure your frame width but this should at least get you under the frame if you`re a few inches less wide than an ex.

My arms are from CAGE offroad and they are 12" extended. Like many here, that moves the mounting point back where the frame widens.

Are you planning on mounting the stock arms?

Back