Need help deciding on 2 wheels, need opinions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help deciding on 2 wheels, need opinions

I am going to lift my truck (O7 Sport Trac) soon with RoadBully's spacers and do 20" rims and 33" (275/60/20) tires

I can't decide on two rims, both in matte black KMC XD series.

1) ROCKSTAR
rockstar_black.jpg

2)MONSTER
monster_black.jpg

MY TRUCK:
2647532_29.jpg

Also with a 8.5, 9, or 10" rim width, what backspace should I use?

Also you vote on the poll on my http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647532 (cardomain page)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rockstars! I cant help on width/backspacing on your model, not sure how wide you can go with that lift etc.

bumping for more opinions

I love them both if you can buy both sets and keep the one you like and I'll take the other lol jk.

2nd option

rockstars are overplayed and on too many trucks. I don't really care for the look of them unless they are on like a 38x15 tire because the centercap sticks out really far and pointy. I was following a jeep the other day and disliked the way the center cap sticks out further than the tire. Picture like the way old mustang hubcaps stick out.

66%20Mustang.jpg

MONSTER lol oh wait wheels not energy drinks

MONSTER defimatley, or if you like the non split spoke style, pick a rim that doesnt stick out past the tire = the big suck

I ordered new wheels for my 96 two weeks ago, they told me two weeks, I cant friggin WAIT
17x9 moto metals with 33 DC FC II

Saw a jeep with the Rockstars on it yesterday in the mall parking lot. I had never noticed how ar the center cap stuck out... Looks awful from the side! I have a totally different option I am checking into as well.

Saw these on NTB and TireRack's sites on clearance for $180 each, 20x9: Granite Alloy GA4.5 in chrome. Going to local NTB to check on these tomorrow. I get a discount with a friend there.

ga_ga4_5_c_ci3_l.jpg

So what you guys think of those with some 33" all terrains or mud terrains with the Roadbully lift spacers?

And BTW... that site to figure backspace tells me NOTHING. I know how to measure backspace, but I need to know he PROPER backspace with 33" tall (roughly 32.5) by 11" wide tires with a 2.5" lift to prevent scrubbing on my truck.

... and I went with...

NEITHER!!!

Both the Rockstar and Monster are played out. See way too many SUV's and trucks with them. And while I like the Granite Alloys, I really want BLACK, not chrome. So I went with these in a 20x9. KMC XD Series HOSS in black. A guy at work has them on his Silverado in 17's and they look good.

020.jpg

Good- I like the Hoss! LOL!

I liked the monsters my self, but the Hoss looks good too :D

I liked the monsters my self, but the Hoss looks good too :D

Me too, but from what the guy at NTB said the KMC rep said, pretty much the rockstar and monster are backordered until hell freezes over! Their two most popular styles.

JOEC,

Those are kick arse as well!! U mind posting where/how much?? Looking forward to pics.

Im not a fan of chrome but couldnt pass up a deal on some Alba517's for my Pathfinder. They are also called Syndicate or some marketed name like that.

Alba's website is awesome though, if you have a problem there is no way to contact them, you just call the place you bought them from..... What the hell happened to customer service anymore.... customer what? always right?? Nah.... we just buy more made in China **** and offload customer service to the middle east. Oh damn, i just fell off the slippery soap box again.....

Getting them from NTB, I get a hook up there, going to cost me $200 each. Not sure of full retail price, I get rims and tires there for 10% over cost.

Bump! Just wondering when you're expecting the wheels? If you take any pictures of the wheels on the truck please post 'em up, I really like your choice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump! Just wondering when you're expecting the wheels? If you take any pictures of the wheels on the truck please post 'em up, I really like your choice.

FINALLY came in today.

004-1.jpg

Back