• Register Today It's free!

Need help finding a part number

riderdan

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clara, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I hope one of you gurus out there can help. Google and the Ford site haven't been my friends.

I've been hearing an intermittent "clunk" when traversing bumps, mostly at lows speeds. I crawled under my 2011 Ex and found the problem. There's a duct that (I assume) feeds the rear climate control, with its inlet behind the fascia on the passenger side. Holding this duct to the front cross member is a small pin and clip arrangement. Apparently the pin hit something (small-town Kansas roads are pretty bad) and will no longer stay seated in the clip. So when I hit a bump, the whole duct "bangs" up and down.

I've been unable thus far to locate a part number for this little guy, and I'm not terribly close to a (good) dealer. Help!

Do you have the factory tow package? What you are describing seems to be the air deflector that helps to cool the back of the engine. Hae you checked out www.fordparts.com ? The parts at the bottom of the illustration are what connect to the opening in the front fascia.

Peter

Attachments

• air deflector.jpg
    air deflector.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 126

Thanks guys.

Peter, that's it. Now I just have to find a dealer who will ship it. The nearest "good" dealer (AFAIK) is almost an hour away.

Back