Need help finding parts online- Ford is a rip-off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help finding parts online- Ford is a rip-off

2talll

Reaction score
City, State
Ansonia, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport
I'm trying to find a for a few parts for my 99 Ford Explorer Sport and the Ford dealerships around here are rip offs.

I need the following parts and would like to know of reliable and fast places to order them from on-line. (I also want to be sure I am ordering the right parts.)

blend door actuator- Ford dealership qouted my 75 bucks
Rear wiper motor (hopefully with the arm and blade as well)- Ford: 140 for the motor, 40 for the arm and 20 for the blade

I might need a driver's side lock actuator since that was acting up the past couple days but I'nm going to have a friend look at it first- Ford: 95 bucks.

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the blend door actuator is a dealer only part.

This is a good place to try though
www.fordpartsonline.com

They are Ford dealer in Texas but much cheaper then the dealers here in Kansas City. I bought new torsion bars & torsion bar keys from them last August for almost 1/2 what the local dealers wanted.

...or you could contact kbabiak on the bottom of the forum's page for used parts...;)

I'm trying to find a for a few parts for my 99 Ford Explorer Sport and the Ford dealerships around here are rip offs.

I need the following parts and would like to know of reliable and fast places to order them from on-line. (I also want to be sure I am ordering the right parts.)

blend door actuator- Ford dealership qouted my 75 bucks
Rear wiper motor (hopefully with the arm and blade as well)- Ford: 140 for the motor, 40 for the arm and 20 for the blade

I might need a driver's side lock actuator since that was acting up the past couple days but I'nm going to have a friend look at it first- Ford: 95 bucks.

Thanks in advance!

If you are in CT this place will probably have your stuff overnight(ground), and they are very friendly:

http://www.billdubetoyota.com/ (he sells ford and Toyota parts)

Their prices are hard to beat compared to other online places.

I would also check rockauto.

Rock Auto seems like it's the only place that has the blend door actuator (unless I check ebay at hom since it's blocked on my work computer).

Which explorer would mine be? I know it's the 4.0L but I have no idea what the (X) and the (E) mean.

Look at the VIN on the dash. There will be an X or an E which is the engine code.

For your blend door go to napa. On there database it will not be called a blend door but heater actuator or something just have them click on every part under A/C and look at the picture. When i went there they said they dont carry it but i told them they did and made them look. Needless to say I was right. It only cost me $11, and it comes with alost of stuff that is not needed unless you plan on installing the kit with the instructions that come with it. I just used the blend door itself.

Hate to be dumb, but where is the VIN number on the dash? I looked quick the other night (it was 4 degrees at the time) and couldn't find it.

4 degrees? lol.. it's -9 here.. and the forecast said it's going to get down to -27 today.. which isn't too bad, but it's getting colder..
the vin should be on your drivers side door sticker and right where your tags should be in the dash, drivers side, bottom of windshield.

I second the www.rockauto.com! Also since no one has mentioned it yet, just keep www.lmctrucks.com bookmarked for future use. They have a lot of stuff too...didn't check specifically for what parts you asked for, but I know the only thing they didn't have that I was looking for was a cruise control button and the seat release handle...

Good luck!

I recommend rockauto, if you want ford parts, I highly recommend torrie at fastpartsnetwork.

Fastpartsnetwork didn't appear to have it when I looked...I'll check the other site later on tonight when I'm home. THere's a NAP down the street from my house- I have to check their hours but I'm hoping they'll have it when I call them later on after work. It beats waiting for the part and then waiting to find time for my girlfriend's brother to put it in for me. It's actually going to be warm the next few days so he'd be more willing to do it than if it's freezing out.

I second the www.rockauto.com! Also since no one has mentioned it yet, just keep www.lmctrucks.com bookmarked for future use. They have a lot of stuff too...didn't check specifically for what parts you asked for, but I know the only thing they didn't have that I was looking for was a cruise control button and the seat release handle...

Good luck!

Where did you find the actuator at Rock Auto? I find the blend door, but don't see any listing for actuator.

Back