Need help finding parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help finding parts

hawkiirock

Reaction score
94 explorer the bearings seized in Passenger front tire. Welded to the shaft

Mechanic says Ford only has 5 spindles for this and ford wanted 600 bucks.

He says I need a new RF axle and all the clips and washers.

I have read for a few days on here what to do but the more I read the more confused I get on whether I should junk it out or fix it.

IT runs great so I would love to fix it if I can do it for under 500 bucks. Please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Mechanic says Ford only has 5 spindles for this and ford wanted 600 bucks. ... He says I need a new RF axle and all the clips and washers. ...
Where are you? Do you have 4wd or 2wd? Do you need a spindle or axle?
Your parts should be readily available in the junkyards these days.
You would probably want to replace bearings and such in used parts, but I think a 4wd spindle would be under $200 in the yard I go to.

Where are you? Do you have 4wd or 2wd? Do you need a spindle or axle?
Your parts should be readily available in the junkyards these days.
You would probably want to replace bearings and such in used parts, but I think a 4wd spindle would be under $200 in the yard I go to.

I am in Iowa by Iowa City. He wrote down what I needed and said new Right front axle. The spindle is what FOrd was wanting 600 dollars for. It is 4x4 four door explorer

I am in Iowa by Iowa City. He wrote down what I needed and said new Right front axle. The spindle is what FOrd was wanting 600 dollars for. It is 4x4 four door explorer

The mechanic said it was mangled in there. HE called some place that had the whole front axle and differential for 400 I believe.

Ditch the mechanic. DIY! Also, you don't need to spend a fortune on parts when you can snatch them at a JY...just something to mention. GL

Hehe, where I am, you need a front-loader to dig a hole through the snow to get the part.

Anyway, if you want a mechanic to do it and he is insisting on factory new parts, then find a new mechanic.

If you want to do it yourself, then say so and we can share threads, pictures, everything you need.

This mechanic is fine with fixing it if i can find junk yard parts but he doesn't think i will be able to find anything around me.

I would love to Do it myself but I read a bunch of threads on here and ended up more confused than I started lol

In fact, after reading some threads I went out and took off the wheel that I thought was causing the problems. After pulling off the hub I couldn't even tell if there was a problem. It looked bad to me but turns out that wheel was just fine and the problem was on the opposite side.

I don't know what to do but the vehicle runs too well to junk it over this if it can be fixed for the 500 dollar range

I have a 94 explorer xlt had 4x4 rebuilt not long ago
Buffalo ny trying to have it gone soon.
Txt 716-348-4171
Lkoehler3@yahoo.com

Back