• Register Today It's free!

need help have changed everything

BOBBY32

Reaction score
City, State
Delanson new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
I have a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 4x4 xlt I have changed all bearings bin the rear end both wheel bearings have been changed all diff bearings have been changed by a professional but my left rear wheel still moving could I have a bad spindle I'm so confused any help would be great thanks BOBBY

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ball joint & toe link OK?

yes both are ok and I believe im thinking of the knuckle could that be bad ?

Depends on the exact issue, but a mechanic that doesn't often replace Explorer rear wheel bearings, may have oblonged or otherwise damaged the spindle.

number 4 it makes the noise like a wheel bearing but I dont see how it can be this is the 3rd one in the back on the left side in the rear

do any of you guys trying to help me have facebook where I could send you a cupple video I have ??

number 4 it makes the noise like a wheel bearing but I dont see how it can be this is the 3rd one in the back on the left side in the rear

Exactly, every time the hub is pressed out or into the knuckle, you cause stress to the knuckle. It'll only take it so many times.
If one of those presses went in a little off, you'd have issues.

Looks like I'm going to have to get a knuckle and try that let's hope this fixes the problem

If take it off first and just visually inspect it. Might be able to do so with it on the car.

Bearings could be damaged during install, if inexpensive ones were used. As they use a lesser quality metal.

I forgot to ask you about the lower cross axial joint, is that tight? But Number4 is right, just pull the knuckle and spin the hub by hand. Also correct the press work is difficult and if you gank on the wrong part of the bearing it's not good.

What I'm I feeling for when spinning it by hand the axle is brand new the beginning in their is a Timken

Back