Need help identifying a set of bulbs. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying a set of bulbs.

My sister's boyfriend had a roomate that moved out at the end of June, he had finished up his college. While my sister's boyfriend, he was packing himself getting ready to move to another apartment. He came across these, obviously his roomate left. Since he is not in contact with him anymore, he asked me if I wanted them, and I gladly accepted.

Now I can't figure out what the hell they are. No real #'s that I can go off of and the rest is in (I'm guessing) Chinesse :confused:

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

idea's?

Thanks! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would look up RR45 online....i mean i think thats the model of the bulbs...just look on the package

looks like an H4 or 9003 bulb. AKA, an import bulb :rolleyes:

HM, well, a friend has a 2000 Nissan Maxima, lol

Looks kinda like an H3 to me...

Those look like the H4 bulbs in my sons Honda.

Those are H4/9003 bulbs. But if they are really 125/120W they are going to be really bright (or really inefficient :p ) and could possibly fry a wiring harness or melt a light housing.

96ExplorerXL4x4 said:
looks like an H4 or 9003 bulb. AKA, an import bulb :rolleyes:
Hey now, my Focus used to take those bulbs.

Do the bulbs themselves have anything stamped into the metal? It almost looks as if the guy put his old bulbs in the package when he put those in. That package says 5000K, but most 5000K non HID bulbs I have seen had some kind of blue tint on the glass. The bulb itself should be stamped with the voltage, wattage manufacturer and if its DOT compliant.

Dan

They look like stock bulbs

Those ricer import 5k bulbs usually have a blue tint to them

its an h3/or h4 (the exact same bulb that goes in most snowmobiles) I would never run that high of a wattage bulb with stock wiring....my mazda went into melt down mode with 100 watt high beams and 80 watt low (melted the connector to the bulb and a relay under the dash went up in smoke)

BrooklynBay said:
RAY-RR45_LRG.jpg

This is from the above link. These bulbs are pretty expensive. This place wants $67.99.

Yeah they are. Quality is pretty good too, Raybrig is PIAA's direct competitor in japan.

Back