Need help installing components!

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Hey.. my amp came today for my components and I'm trying to install them right now. I connected the woofers to the stock wiring and then cut it from the head unit harness and connected it to the + and - on the crossover. I connected + and - of the amp to the crossover, and + and - of the tweeter. I am getting NO sound from the components. I faded to the front and there is 0 sound but the back gets sound with the coaxils. Did I do all this right? I connected the RCA's from the F (front) on the back of the HU onto the amp. Any help is appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a better explanation:

Each crossover has 8 slots (+ and -). Main tweeter has my tweeter + and -, Woofer has my woofer + and -, In/Amp has + and - from my amp, and image tweeter is empty. The woofers are connected to the stock wiring and stock wiring connected to the crossovers. The HU (CDA-9835) has RCA outputs for front and rear, I've got the front ouputs connected to the LCH and RCH input of the amp. The amp power LED is lit so I know it has power. The amp has a 20A fuse (400w) so I bought a 20A AGU and AGU fuse folder and connected at the battery.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple...

i say just run your own speaker wire... maybe the problem is in the wiring

I'm pretty sure I've got the problem figured out. When I have time (45 minutes or so) I should know for sure. I woke up at 3AM with a magnificent idea, HOOK UP THE AMP POWER WIRE! I never connected the 4 gauge wire to the positive terminal! I guess the amp isn't turning on, just the LED from being connected to the HU remote wire. I feel so stupid!

Was my problem. Everything's all done and put together. They sound AMAZING! I mounted the tweeters in the door panel at an angle so they're facing toward me. I used double-sided tape to find the best spot and that was it. I'll have pics in a little bit.

Pics below. To mount the woofer I removed the factory speaker bracket (?) and put in an MDF adapter on each side. With the grilles the woofers just BARELY fit. I am still amazed by the sound.

Attachments

• tweet.jpg
    tweet.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 162
  • woof.jpg
    woof.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 165

looks purty! and I'm sure it sounds great!

Back