Need help installing subwoofer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help installing subwoofer

Chris5112

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition, does not have the jbl audio system. I have installed an aftermarket radio, gives out 60 watts and has two rca outpts in the back. I have the stock amp.I am trying to install an aftermaarket sub, its a sony sub 12" 1200 watt peak power 350 watt rated power. What is the cheapest way to get this sub hooked up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can do it real cheap by going to walmart to get the RCA wires and the power wire. I think i spent like $45 or somewhere close to that range. I think you can get both in the same package for a lil more. Ive hookd up may systems in three diff/ X's and many other times in other cars. Ask and ill help ya out the bast i can if you have any further questions.

Chris- try to keep things in one thread- no need for 2...

get a install kit for 15 dollars on amazon. just finished adding another amp today. its pretty easy when u get a idea on how everything goes

How would i install it on the stock amp? I really would like to avoid having to purchase a new amp

Chris5112: The sub woofer you want to install is of Sony its better if you want it priced well the check for some sites on net, talk to local dealers and compare the prices, I have seen a Sony sub woofer two days back on Amazon at discount.....better keep checking..

Back