Need help looking for a lift kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help looking for a lift kit

Got a '99 ford explorer 5.0 V8 AWD looked everywhere online for a lift kit for it all i can find is people saying to just add a leaf. Does anybody know a lift kit? Trying to get 3-6 inches wanting to fit 36 tires on it thanks

for 3-6 inches, you can do a TT/Shackle/AAL + a 3" body lift... but as far as suspension lifts, theres the superlift 4" (now discontinued, maybe you can find one still), the rough country 5" lift for rangers... but the RC lift only works for the front on ours, so for the rear you can go with the OME CS042R leaf packs+ warrior shackles, or i think deaver makes a 5" lift pack for sale on the GoFastExplorers website... perhaps @Travisfab can confirm if it could fit a 2nd gen, but i assume it would... hope this helps!

for 3-6 inches, you can do a TT/Shackle/AAL + a 3" body lift... but as far as suspension lifts, theres the superlift 4" (now discontinued, maybe you can find one still), the rough country 5" lift for rangers... but the RC lift only works for the front on ours, so for the rear you can go with the OME CS042R leaf packs+ warrior shackles, or i think deaver makes a 5" lift pack for sale on the GoFastExplorers website... perhaps @Travisfab can confirm if it could fit a 2nd gen, but i assume it would... hope this helps!
Yes, the Deaver pack does fit second gens!

You’ll need several thousand dollars to lift that Explorer. You’ll need to regear both axles, and you’ll want to replace your transfer case with one from an F series truck.

Lift. Rear spring set. New driveshafts. New transfer case. Longer shocks. Extended brake lines.

3 inches won’t get you any where near 36s.

You’ll need several thousand dollars to lift that Explorer. You’ll need to regear both axles, and you’ll want to replace your transfer case with one from an F series truck.

Lift. Rear spring set. New driveshafts. New transfer case. Longer shocks. Extended brake lines.

3 inches won’t get you any where near 36s.
whoops, didnt see the tire size part... in that case, maybe the RC 5"/deavers, then a TT/Shackle on top of that? or a BL? i assume a total of 8" should be enough to clear 36s, so maybe RC/Deaver+1"TT/shackle+2" BL? or if youre not up for that much lift, maybe try some fiberglass fenders, also for sale by gofastexplorers!!! (i think;)) (ive been spending too much time on the gofast site!!!:D)

deaver leaf:91-01 Deaver Long Travel Leaf Pack
fender: 95-01 Fiberglass Bulged Fenders

Back