• Register Today It's free!

Need Help On An Engine Swap

hillbillyrick

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 BRONCO 2
I Have A 1990 Bronco 2 It Had A 2.9 With A Bad Oil Pump I Found A 2.9 Out Of A 87 Ranger With 63,000 Miles After Working This Motor Up We Were Install The Motor Mount Brackets For The Left Side And The Holes Were Off On The Block Has Anyone Ever Came Across This Before And If So What Was The Fix
Thank You Very Much Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the holes in the motor mount the same pattern as the block? And they just don't line up. If so can you unbolt the motor mount from the frame, bolt to block and then re-drill holes in frame?

No The Bracket Holes Were Off And After Talking With My Junk Yard Buddys We Found Out That The Puter Tells Us That A 87 To 90 2.9 Will Swap Out But When We Ran An Engine Block Enchange It Came Back That Only An 89 Or 90 Would Work So We Were Thinking That We Could Use A Bracket Off An 88 To Make This Work Just So Happens I Have An 88 That Runs Good But Has A Broken Manfold Sounds Like A Trackor Lol Guess Its Now A Parts Doner Thanks For Your Help Hillbilly

with a 1990 bronco II the 2.9L is MAS (mass air sensor) so you should replace it using a 91-94 4.0L OHV, its basically a bolt in swap and will make your BII MOVE

You should be able to use the 1990 engine mounts with a 86-88 2.9L engine

If they are different then you may have to drill one new hole in the engine cradle, I had to do this when I put a 93 4.0L in my 88 BII

2.9 Engine Swap

with a 1990 bronco II the 2.9L is MAS (mass air sensor) so you should replace it using a 91-94 4.0L OHV, its basically a bolt in swap and will make your BII MOVE

You should be able to use the 1990 engine mounts with a 86-88 2.9L engine

If they are different then you may have to drill one new hole in the engine cradle, I had to do this when I put a 93 4.0L in my 88 BII

TOO LATE TO DO THE 4.0 THIS 2.9 IS ABOUT 3 HOURS AWAY FROM BEING READY TO GO BACK IN IF NEED TO BE I CAN MAKE THIS BRACKET WORK AFTER LOOKING IT OVER BUT WE STILL THINK AN OLDER BRACKET WILL DO THE TRICK ITS NOT THE MOTOR MOUNT ITS THE BRACKET THAT BOLTS ON THE SIDE OF THE MOTOR THE MOTOR BLOCK ITS SELF IS DRILLED WRONG FOR THE 90 BRACKET RICK

Back